Office365/Sharepoint shared external link to a folder: How to sync with odrive?

I’m struggling to get a sharepoint / office365 shared linked synced into my odrive.

I myself don’t use office365 but I got a shared linked e-mailed to the address of my (personal) Onedrive account. The link offers me a regular onedrive webinterface with rights to browse, upload and download but is deployed by sharepoint.com. There’s no “synchronize” button that would allow me to add that folder to my personal account.

When I try to add the e-mail used with odrive and link it as a sharepoint, I get:

User account ’ *** ’ from identity provider ‘live.com’ does not exist in tenant ‘odrive’ and cannot access the application ’ *** '(odrive) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

I guess, it’s not possible to add such onedrive shared links to odrive in anyway, or is there? Any ideas what I could try? Thanks a lot!

Hi @bastigruenwald,
Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be possible to add a shared folder from Sharepoint to a personal OneDrive account. The services are completely separate, from Microsoft’s perspective, so there isn’t an intersection point to associate them.

If the user who was sharing was an odrive user and shared this particular folder as an odrive Space, then you could sync to it like any other folder in odrive. More on that here: https://docs.odrive.com/docs/share-with-odrive#share-storage-spaces

Is there any chance that the sharing user could use odrive to share this folder to make it syncable?