Odrive stopped syncing and it's stuck on waiting for few hundred items

I am not sure what I am supposed to do. Odrive just says it’s busy and I don’t know how to resolve this issue.

The main.log shows this message as the latest line:

“Error: code GD_FILE_NOT_FOUND caused by GoogleDriveApiException(httpStatus 404 - This Google Drive Shortcut is broken and cannot be downloaded. Please check this item on Google Drive.)”

The problem is that I checked my Google Drive and located the file online and it’s still there. Odrive wouldn’t skip this file and it’s currently on a perpetual wait mode. If this isn’t the main problem, I don’t know what is wrong. Please help.

Hi @untediousness,
I took a look at your diagnostic and it looks like there were several items queued for upload, but then the folders that those items were in were deleted or moved during the upload process (they are listed in the odrive trash).
It looks like they are mostly files and folders that were in:
Personal Drive/SBU/MS1/

odrive still has them in the queue, but is not able to find them on your disk, so it is erroring out and not cleaning-up the queue. This is behavior that has been fixed in our more recent versions of odrive.

Please do the following:

1. Exit odrive
  2. Download the latest version from here: Set Up Your odrive
  3. Install

Please let me know if you continue to see issues after.

Okay I definitely will try that. Before I follow what you suggested above, I am worried that there will be data loss. Does exiting Odrive result in any data loss? I realized the loss of sync from my Google Drive has been a while and there are discrepancies in files I have online and in my laptop drive. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi @untediousness,
odrive won’t delete anything unless:

1. Items were deleted on Google Drive and odrive wants to sync those to the local machine.
    or
  2. Items were removed or moved in odrive and odrive picked them up as deleted. odrive will hold these items in the “odrive trash” and not send them to Google Drive until you empty the odrive trash (or have a rule set to automatically empty the trash)

Exiting odrive will not cause anything to be deleted.

What sorts of discrepancies are you seeing?

I am not quite sure when the last time my laptop and Google Drive were fully synced. Due to this situation, I realized some files in Google Drive are updated (as I can see on Google side if I log in using a browser separately) but not all of the files from the laptop are synced. Not knowing this I also separately uploaded files directly to the Google Drive via browser using a different computer. Now if I sync at this moment, then the files uploaded via Google Drive directly may be lost if they are in folders that I deleted on my laptop end. I don’t know if the syncing will go the way I want it.

Hi @untediousness,
If you are worrried about files you’ve deleted on your laptop, you can restore all of the items in the odrive trash, to prevent them being sent to Google: