Odrive runs for a few seconds, then exits

Hello,
I’ve upgraded to Sierra a month a go, and my sync agent plugging stoped working a few days ago. I’ve uninstalled the odrive sync and when I’ve installed again, every time I start the program it’s disappear after a few seconds, I see the process starting but after a few seconds disappear with no error or message.

When I go to the .odrive folder in my user and list the bin folders, there’s nothing in it.

Hi @pacoirala,
Can you please open up a terminal and run this command for me?

"/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive" -v

Thanks!

I’m having the same problem.
My odrive is not syncing.

Here is the code:

Starting launcher with verbose output…
No product argument was passed in. Attempting to find product.conf…
Using path /Applications/odrive.app/Contents/Resources/product.conf…
Using /Users/Andre/.odrive as the installed folder path…
Attempting to mark the installed folder path as hidden…
Writing the product.conf file at /Users/Andre/.odrive…
Reading the version number from the version file…
Attempting to read systemAlertRoom from config…
Setting up diagnostics for buildNo: 6073, productName: prod, systemAlertRoom: 1358891
Creating launcher object…
Checking if another odrive process is running again to reduce the chances of a race condition…
Launching…
Got OSError exception [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 177, in main
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.Launcher”, line 167, in launch
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.Launcher”, line 98, in _launch_app
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess”, line 711, in init
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess”, line 1343, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Could not launch, which means the app is already running

Hi @andre1,
It looks like either the permissions in the .odrive folder are incorrect, or, for some reason, the odrive binary is missing/being removed.

Are you running an anti-virus or other actively-monitoring software? If so, can you temporarily disable it and then run this command again?

If you get the same error, open Finder and from the top menu select Go->Go to folder, type in ~/.odrive/, and hit enter you will be taken to the user’s odrive program folder. There you should be a “bin” folder, with a folder named “6073” inside of it. Do you see that? If so, inside “6073” do you see “odriveapp”?

Was odrive previously working on this system and then stopped, or is this the first time trying to run it?

Thank you Tony!

It was working fine before.
If I click twice in a file to unsync, odrive starts to run.
But odrive is not running automatically when I turn on my computer and if I click on the odrive icon in my applicattion folder, it doesn’t start.

Thank you for your help and thank you for the app, it’s great!!!

Best,

Andre

Hi @andre1,

Can you run this command from the terminal for me and paste the output here?

find "$HOME/.odrive" -type d -maxdepth 6; find "$HOME/.odrive" -type f | grep "MacOS/odrive"

Also, when you double-click a .cloud file and it launches odrive: while odrive is running, please run this command and paste the output here:

ps aux | grep odrive

Thanks!