Odrive preventing network use

When odrive is running, my internet speed stops for everything, including odrive. This means it doesn’t sync and I can’t use the internet at all. I’ve tried changing the bandwidth speeds in the odrive program to no available. I have a brand new Dell i7 and ADSL2. Please advise.

Hi @ozhubnet,
Is odrive idle or is it in the process of a bulk operation, like a large upload job?

If you are in the process of a bulk upload operation this can sometimes happen. In certain environment the throttling limiters aren’t sufficient to prevent network saturation. It is something we have improved in our upcoming release.

However, it sounds like what you are seeing is a bit different, because even odrive is not able to use the network, is that correct?
Is this using a wireless or a wired connection?
Can you try sending a diagnostic from the odrive menu?

Hi Tony
Thanks for your reply. The size and quantity of the upload or download didn’t seem to make any difference. I’ve installed Ethernet over Power to ensure it wasn’t a wifi issue and this appears to have fixed it. I think it was something to do with the wifi but not sure why it interacted the way it did with odrive (it also did the same with Zoom webinar software I later discovered). If it becomes an issue again, I’ll let you know. I appreciate your time in your reply.

Thanks for the follow-up @ozhubnet. I’m glad you’ve found a solution that lets you move forward.