Odrive not syncing a particular folder to Amazon Cloud

Hi there,

I love odrive! However, lately I have the problem that one particular folder is not syncing anymore to Amazon Cloud.

What I’ve tried and checked so far:

• restarted odrive client
  • restarted Macbook
  • put a file into Amazon Cloud folder - it got synced
  • put same file into the particular folder - didn’t sync
  • tried to force “Sync” by selecting Sync from context menu of folder. Include subfolders, files etc (set both checkmarks in the dialogue). Pressed Sync-button, immediately the error message “Cant sync [particular folder]. Unexpected error. Please try again later.” appeared
  • checked that everything is ok with my Amazon subscription. My open-end plan (the one that don’t exist anymore) runs out mid of July, until then I should be good.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance!

Best,
Philipp

Hi @ph-networks,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu and provide the path to the folder that is having issues? I will take a look and see if anything looks out of the ordinary.

Hi Tony,

I just sent the report.

The folder is Amazon Cloud/Videos/2017/07/22 Monte Brione Trail

Thanks!

Philipp

Hi @ph-networks,
I took a look at the diagnostic. It looks like it is the name of the folder 2017/07/22 Monte Brione Trail. This folder actually has the name 2017:07:22 Monte Brione Trail. Since Mac uses ‘/’ as a directory delimiter, it changes forward slashes to colons underneath. In both cases (colon or forward slash) Amazon Drive won’t allow it. Can you try changing the name to 2017-07-22 Monte Brione Trail?

I also see that there is a folder that you have deleted (Dropbox/Sophiadesigns/Backups), but Dropbox is rejecting the delete for “too_many_files”. I believe this can occur if the folder that is being deleted has more than 10,000 files in it. You may need to try to delete some of the content inside from the dropbox webclient in chunks to reduce the total.

Hi Tony,

that doesnt seem to do it. Would also be surprising, considering I have many folders named in exactly the same format. I renamed the folder and sent a new diagnostics report.

Any other ideas?

Best
Philipp

Hi @ph-networks,
I see another error that could be halting things. The operating system is reporting that there is a file that is listed on the filesystem, but can’t actually be found. This is usually due to a broken symlink.

No such file or directory: '/Users/philipp/odrive/Amazon Cloud/Videos/2017-07-22 Monte Brione Trail/Brione.fcpbundle/22.07.17/Original Media/GOPR0001.mp4

Can you see if there is something going on with that file. I have seen this type of issue before with the Final Cut Pro bundles (.fcpbundle).

Additionally, you can try moving the contents of “2017-07-22 Monte Brione Trail” (leave the folder, itself) out of odrive and see if you can add a test file to that folder successfully. If so, you can start moving the contents back in, piecemeal, and verifying that they sync up. That can help pinpoint other problem areas within there, if there are more than the one above.

Hi Tony, I tried as you suggested and move the files manually. It seems like in this case actually the .fcpbundle file was the issue. I zipped it and put it back into the folder. Now everything is syncing.

Thanks!

Best
Philipp

Great! Thanks for your patience on troubleshooting this one Philipp! (@ph-networks)