Odrive no longer provides a list of files that it's syncing

All it says is stop automatic sync.

I do have a bunch of files that are scheduled to delete.

Also, is there a way to sync without uploading by having it delete whatever is in the trash first?

Hi @slowdriver,
When syncing is occurring, the odrive tray menu should display “Syncing Changes”, and inside list the items that are syncing. Are you seeing “Syncing Changes”, but not seeing anything inside? Are you certain there are files currently syncing?

I am not clear on what you are asking here. Can you provide some additional info?

Thanks!

I guess the problem is that since I’m experiencing the bug where the menu doesn’t show up at all if a bunch of files are being processed. Hopefully odrive will provide a window that users can use some day.

Basically Syncing deletes files from the Trash as well as Uploads files, and I was wondering if there was an option to turn off the file upload sync and simply manage the deletes. I hope that makes more sense.

Hi @slowdriver,
If you are hitting this UI update issue, you can send commands to odrive via the CLI and also retrieve status, if you like.
You can copy and paste these commands into a command prompt on windows to run.

This first command will download the odrive CLI for windows (It may take a bit of time to finish):

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile(\"https://dl.odrive.com/odrivecli-win\", \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\");$shl=new-object -com shell.application; $shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\").copyhere($shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\oc.zip\").items(),0x10);del \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\";}"

This second command will query the odrive desktop status:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";$(& \"$o_cli_bin\" status);}"

You can also run other commands, like listing everything in the trash:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";$(& \"$o_cli_bin\" status --trash);}"

and emptying the trash:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";$(& \"$o_cli_bin\" emptytrash);}"

1 Like