Odrive installed on multiple machines

What should I expect if I use odrive on multiple machines at home to sync different types of data to the cloud? Pros/Cons?

Hi @digiform,
This is a common use case for odrive. You can use the desktop client on as many machines as you want and sync data between them via your chosen cloud storage.

Are there any specific concerns you have with this?

Thanks!

1. Does this mean all the client machines will result in having the exact same data and disk size will need to be increased for each machine as more data is synced?
  2. Are there permissions to avoid all data syncing to a specific machine, and to sync from machine to cloud only?

Hi @digiform,
Each client can be used to sync as much or as little as you want. They act independently of each other in terms of the scope of data that they are viewing/accessing/downloading. It is completely up to you what you want to sync on each client.

It would be wonderful if there was a way to also have all of the clients be dependents.
Case use:
I sync my SSD at work with fast download speeds and, when I take the SSD home, I can continue working from there.