Odrive for windows does not sync anymore no files

Starting from today odrive is not anymore able to sync files between 2 computers both running windows 7 pro
What should i do ?
the service i use is amazon cloud drive
I payed today the 99 dollars for the service.
thanks

Hi @giuseppe_saviola,

We are sorry to hear of this problem, would you like to elaborate what are you experiencing?

1. If you add a file into your local odrive folder does it sync up to storage?
  2. If you add a file into your storage does it sync down to desktop?
  3. Are you getting any error or files in tray menu waiting list?
  4. Does right-click --> refresh help?

Please share snapshot of your tray menu, screenshot of your folder where changes are not syncing between your two machines? finally send diagnostic report from tray menu. I’ll take a look at it

Thanks,
Asif

1 yes: if i add files on pc the files go to amazon cloud, but not to the second pc
2 . if i add a file to amazon web the files is never self downloaded, the download happens if i force the sync manually
3 no errors i checked
4 - refresh only if i refresh inside the directory where the files should be downloaded

i send immediately a report
i am really in a big trouble

i have already installed the odrive SW from one of the 2 pcs, and then re installed and the problem is still there.

Diagnostic sent!
I don’t undestand which print screen you are referering to.
thanks i really need this SW to operate

If i am not clear please ask detaild,it is all day that i am making proof and i really don’t know what else to do.

I have installaed odrive in a new pc running windows 10 and the problem is exctly the same…

additional test:
i have created a new directory in the odrive web and i have added 2 files in the odrive web
the directory and the 2 files aren’t downloaded automatically by the pcs.
As soon as i press “refresh” on the directory where the file should be automatically downloaded, the files appears immeditely. Since yesterday this process was automatically done.
hope this additional test could help you to help me solve the problem

Hi AsifNisarr,

is there any news ?
I am in a big trouble due to the SW not working properly and I really don’t know what to do.
Can you help me to fix ?
Thanks in advance
Pippo

Sorry for the delay, I have looked at the diagnostic report but I don’t see any errors which may co-relate to syncing changes problem from your storage to desktop. To clarify, when you say files are not automatically downloaded, does this means file doesn’t automatically appear in your desired folder(s)?

I have forwarded the report to engineering team for deeper investigation, It may take couple of hours before you hear back from us.

Thanks,
Asif

Can you show us a screenshot of the odrive web client and odrive desktop folder where files are failing to show up in your desktop, side-by-side to visualize the difference you are seeing?

yes
i tell what happen simply
since yesterday if i make a photo with smartphone the photo was automatically downloaded in a certain directory.
today to download the photo i need to go into the directory in the 2 pcs and refresh
after tge refresh the files appear

this is an example, now the problem is that i use your service to sync databases and now i don’t know which is the latest version due to this problem accurred to both pcs.,
hope you will find the solution i am really in a big trouble

ok, i prepare it and i send immedately

Here is the empty directory on odrive web site (the same thing i can do on amazon, nothing change in the final result)

I send 5 files to the cloud

Amazon receive correclty the 5 files

the directory synced with amazon still not able to receive the 5 files

From this print screen you can see odrive running

If it is not what you need to better understand or need more print screen please tell me

I can clearly see something is not quite right with syncing remote changes. I’ll try to isolate the issue in-house while engineering team come up with any findings based on the diagnostics.

One of us will shortly contact you back, Thanks for your patience…!

ok, i wait for new from you.
even if i close the app and restart not all new files are completely synced

the chat tells me that i have reached the maximum allowed to post for a user!!! Please make samething in order to let me write here in order to get support and respond to your question.
Thanks

did you understand the origin of the problem ? thanks
Giuseppe

unfortunately the refresh works if i know the directory where the file has been updated.
I make an example: during the working day with the laptop i add, change, delete some files here and there. Then when i access the other windows machine how can i remember which files i had changed, deleted, added or what else ?
If i refresh from the apper root the workaround doesn’t work and if i restart the app in the windows machine not all files are syncronized. So this is not a working work around.

For the problem of databases we can deal later, but before i need a solution that can work, really work. At the moment i am completely blocked.
Thanks

PLEASE ELIMINATE THE PROBLEM THAT I CAN’T WRITE ON THIS CHAT, THE CHAT TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO WAIT 7 HOURS BEFORE WRITE NEW POSTS AND I AM NOT SURE YOU ARE READING MY SENTENCES DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS UPDATE OLD POSTS!!!

Hi @giuseppe_saviola,
We are currently investigating. Please wait until we come back with more information.

Thanks!

Hi @giuseppe_saviola

We found an issue that we are fixing that could cause this to happen in some scenarios. We expect that to be in the next software release.

In the meantime, we also found that once you have done your right-click->odrive refresh, auto-sync should resume and new remote changes should sync down, so that is a workaround for the moment.

You can also hit this type of behavior if the odrive desktop client is busy doing other things. This may have been what you were seeing on the other client. The diagnostic showed that there was existing sync activity, which could block the auto-sync of remote changes in some scenarios. This is expected.

Taking a step back, I would like to ask about your use case. You mentioned syncing “databases”, which throws up a red flag for me. Actively using and syncing databases is not a use we generally recommend with odrive, so I would like to learn more about this. Can you provide some additional details on that?

Thanks!

Hi @giuseppe_saviola: Were these by any chance encrypted shares? We see the same behavior with odrive on any encrypted folder. Changes to a remote file are not picked up by odrive without a manual sync.

These were in unencrypted areas (we’ve ended up communicating over PM on this). It is starting to look like a possible Amazon issue in the mix here, too, in this case, but a little more troubleshooting is needed

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Help!