Odrive folder has nothing in it

I bought a new computer and I’m having issues setting up odrive the same way it is on my old computer. (All files synced on my internal HD, an external HD and amazon drive)

Last week I downloaded odrive and everything was going well except I kept getting “unknown error” messages when syncing amazon drive folders. So today, I just deleted the odrive folder and application, plugged the external HD in, and copied all those files to my new computer so I don’t have to download everything.

Then I reinstalled odrive but now my amazon drive and one drive folders do not show up in the odrive folder on my computer. Why are they not showing up?

Hi @acatalfamo,
Is this on a Windows or Mac system?

Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu and then message me the “current_odrive_status.txt” file that is created in the root of the odrive folder?

It’s a mac.

I’m not sure if the issue is I’m just not sure how to set everything up? All of the correct files are on my internal HD, external HD and in Amazon drive. I’m just not sure the correct way to sync them all.

current_odrive_status.txt (5.2 KB)

Hi @acatalfamo,
The items that are missing are in the odrive trash, which you can restore. However, it may be best to deauthorize and reauthorize the client to make sure we are starting from a clean slate before going any further.

You can do this from the odrive menu under “Authorized User”->“Deauthorize”. This will backup the current odrive folder and start things fresh so that you can make sure you are setting everything up the way you want.

How were you syncing your external hard drive in your previous setup?
Do you still have access to your original computer? If so, it may be helpful to send a diagnostic from that system and attach the “current_odrive_status.txt” file here so that I can see how things were setup.

I don’t recall how I set up the external HD before but I followed directions from the forum. I was not able to find anything that seemed to match what I am trying to do this time around. Attached is the status from my old computer.

current_odrive_status.txt (15.2 KB)

Hi @acatalfamo,
It looks like you had several “sync to odrive” folders setup. You can see them listed in the current_odrive_status.txt file under “Sync folders (18):”. All of these are currently listed as missing, presumably because the external hard drive is now connected to your new computer.

To match this setup, you would want to configure the same “sync to odrive” folder on the new system. Here is our documentation on that feature: https://docs.odrive.com/docs/manage-sync#section-sync-external-folders