Odrive error "This file is not inside an odrive folder."

Good afternoon,

This error is popping up like crazy over the last 72 hours.

I’ve tried syncing and restarting to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi @jdaffern,
It looks like a configuration issue of some kind.

It may be that a top-level folder name was changed, and odrive was unable to sync that change because of open files/folders inside. If it hits that state for long enough it can “give-up” and leave the now wrongly-named folder where it is and create a placeholder for the new folder.

If you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu, we can take a closer look. Just let me know if/when you send it:

Thank you for your help.

Here is the report…

[removed for privacy]

Hi @jdaffern,
I am not sure what path you are seeing the issue in, but there was a remote move situation like the one I had guessed at:

Unable to sync remote move of 
C:/Users/jdaff/odrive/Procore/VikingEn/projects/VEC22020 - Kaiser RKW Refresh Phase B/06 Internal Documents/11 Submittals/15.00 Stainless Steel Countertops 
to 
C:/Users/jdaff/odrive/Procore/VikingEn/projects/VEC22020 - Kaiser RKW Refresh Phase B/06 Internal Documents/11 Submittals/14.00 Stainless Steel Countertops

Please close all open files/folders to allow the move.

15.00 Stainless Steel Countertops was renamed to 14.00 Stainless Steel Countertops

Is this the folder you are having issues with?

If so, you can try renaming the local folder, yourself, to match how it exist in Procore (check the Procore webclient to see what it should be)

I’m having the issue with a number of files and I’ve noticed most are CLOUD Files…

Hi @jdaffern,
Taking a closer look. It looks like the application may not be logged-in and have a valid session.

• When you click on the odrive tray menu, do you see a “Sign in” option? If so, can you click on that? If not, can you take a screenshot of your odrive tray menu?
  • Also, when odrive started, did it prompt you to sign in?

You’re the best! It must have logged me out at some point. Thanks again for all of your help I’m very very grateful!

1 Like

You bet @jdaffern!

I will look into modifying the error message a bit, so that it can give a hint that you may not be logged in when you see the “not inside an odrive folder” message.