ODrive doesn't upload my file from my local folder to Google Drive

Hi,

I have just done my trial with ODrive on my MAC OS 11.2.3 and I am happy with the application.
I am planning to upgrade to premium.
However, I have been facing a big problem that ODrive could not sync my files from my local folders on my MAC to my Google Drive. Following is the error message that I got from the log:

20 Apr 11:31:07AM ERROR Failed Upload (Update) for /Users/…/2021/file-name.docx Error: [SSL: UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL] unknown protocol (_ssl.c:590) No resume range returned by GoogleDrive

Note: all of the files could be synced from my Google Drive to my local folder on my MAC.

Could you please help to take a look and address the problem ASAP?

I will upgrade to premium (1 year) as soon as the problem is fixed.

Thanks,
Trung

Hi @hptrung201094 ,

• Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu so I can take a closer look at the errors?
    See for details: How do I send a diagnostic? - #2 by Tony

• Are you seeing this error with all of the files you are trying to upload, or only some?

Hi Tony,

I have sent you the diagnostic log (please see the attachment).

I have got the error with all files that I am trying to upload to my Google Drive.

Thanks,
Trung

Hi @hptrung201094 ,
It looks like the root issue is an SSL connection error that is occurring.

Do you have any of the following in your environment?

• Software that is actively monitoring connections and may be blocking or interfering with the network communication? (Firewall, anti-virus, network sniffing/monitoring, endpoint protection, etc)
  • Any network devices or intermediaries that are inspecting, proxying, or tunneling traffic? (SSL inspection, proxy servers, VPN, etc.)

Hi Tony,

No, I don’t have these apps and settings on my MAC.

Thanks,
Trung

Hi @hptrung201094 ,
Thanks for the response.

The only other time I have seen this error is when there was a proxy in place that was interfering with the network communication.

• Are you certain there isn’t anything that could be affecting the network?
  • Is this a home network or a work network?
  • Are you able to link another storage service, like Dropbox, OneDrive, Amazon Drive, and try uploading there? I am curious if the uploads to those services also fail.
  • One other test you can try is to create an odrive Space to your Google Storage and try uploading via the Space. You can create a Space here. More information on Spaces here.

Hi Tony,

I am sure that there is not anything that could be affecting the network.
The problem happens when I try with my work network, home network and 3G.
I don’t have any other cloud e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, Amazon Drive…

I followed your guideline to create an odrive Space to my Google Drive and tried to upload via the Space, and I still got the same problem.

Thanks,
Trung

Hi @hptrung201094,
Thanks for running through those tests! It actually provides some helpful information because we can narrow the issue to something within your system’s environment.

This is definitely very strange. What is interesting is that you are able to upload to Amazon S3 (that is where the diagnostic goes), but not to Google. You are also able to download and use other APIs, so it is just upload that seems to be having an issue.

• Are you able to download files from the Space you made?
  • Can you send another diagnostic from the odrive tray menu after attempting to upload and download via the space, so I can take a look?
  • Do you have any other computers you can test with?
  • Would it be possible to create another user on your Mac to test if the problem occurs with that user, also?

I’m really sorry that this is not working right out of the box for you. Your situation is very unique and, unfortunately, it isn’t clear yet why this is happening.

Thank Tony,

I am able to dơnload files from the space I made.
I have sent you another diagnostic from the odrive tray menu after attempting to upload and download via the space.
No, I don’t have any other computer to test .
I have created another user and install odrive on that user to test it. I got the same problem that the files could not be automatically uploaded to my Google Drive. I also sent you the diagnostic logs.

Trung

Hi @hptrung201094 ,
Thanks for going through those steps. This is very perplexing, but I’m going to investigate more from our side and see if there is anything we can try. I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you Tony.

Nice weekend.

Trung

Hi @hptrung201094 ,
Can you give this version a shot and see if it changes the behavior?

Hi @hptrung201094 ,
Are you still experiencing this problem? Were you ever able to try our latest version to see if it resolved the issue you were having?

Hi @hptrung201094 ,
Were you ever able to try the test version or one of our latest releases? I would like to know if they made any difference for the issue you were seeing.

You can always grab the latest release here.