Odrive agent has stopped syncing new and modified, local files to OneDrive for business on linux

From what I understand the agent is supposed to automatically sync local files to the cloud with out the need of cli commands. I have tried refreshing my OneDrive for Buisness mount using the CLI but it is still not syncing. I know there is a delay time but it has been days since files have been created or modified and they have not shown up in my OneDrive.

I just started using odrive a couple weeks ago so I am relatively new to it. It was working fine up until about 6 days ago. Maybe I am missing something?

Here is what odrive status reports:
odrive Make Cloud Storage THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

isActivated: True hasSession: True
email: accountType: OneDriveForBusiness
syncEnabled: True version: prod 933
placeholderThreshold: neverDownload autoUnsyncThreshold: never
downloadThrottlingThreshold: unlimited uploadThrottlingThreshold: normal
autoTrashThreshold: never Mounts: 1
xlThreshold: never Backups: 0

Sync Requests: 0
Background Requests: 0
Uploads: 0
Downloads: 0
Trash: 0
Waiting: 0
Not Allowed: 0

Hi @jasper.grond,
Can you try issuing a refresh on a folder that has items in it that have not yet been synced and then a syncstate --textonly on that same folder? What does it show for those unsynced files?

Are you able to download files from OD4B with the sync command?

$ odrive refresh /home/jasper/ODrive/OneDrive\ For\ Business/ML_Course/
$ odrive syncstate --textonly /home/jasper/ODrive/OneDrive\ For\ Business/ML_Course/

The syncstate command produced no output to the terminal.

$ odrive syncstate /home/jasper/ODrive/OneDrive\ For\ Business/
$ odrive syncstate --textonly /home/jasper/ODrive/OneDrive\ For\ Business/

Same result for a higher level directory.

I created the file test.txt and manually uploaded it to OD4B then tried to sync:

$ odrive sync /home/jasper/ODrive/OneDrive\ For\ Business/ML_Course/text.cloud
Unable to sync text.cloud. This file is not inside an odrive folder.

This makes me think the mount I configured is not recognised any more? I didn’t change the folder names of ODrive/ or OneDrive\ For\ Business/ since I installed and configured the agent.

Hi @jasper.grond,
It does seem that way. What does the status --mounts command show you?

$ odrive status --mount
/home/jasper/OneDrive status:Missing

Could this have been leftover from a previous install? I installed and uninstalled once before I set up odrive the last time (I think I customised the mount name during the second install). But after the last install odrive was working for several days between reboots and manually starting the agent. It seems like it all of the sudden decided it was looking for OneDrive instead of ODrive in my home directory. Is there a file where I can manually edit the mount name, or a command to reset it?

Hi @jasper.grond,
I haven’t seen this type of an issue before.

A mount can’t be altered once it has been set. You can add additional mounts, but existing mounts can’t be changed. The only way to change it would be to unmount and then mount. Perhaps something was configured incorrectly at some point?

To resolve your current issue you can unmount the current, “missing”, mount point and then mount the proper one. As long as the data in the new one is consistent with your odrive account, odrive will scan through everything and come back into sync.

Because I always like to be extra careful, I would recommend backing up the local folder, first. This is just a precaution since you have some unsynced data in there.

I went ahead and did that and things seem to be working again. Thank you for your quick response and help. It was hopefully some error on my part, but I did some digging to try and figure it out.

I looked back in my command history and it seems I tried to mount both a directory named ~/OneDrive and ~/ODrive at some point (OneDrive existed prior to ODrive). I thought I had uninstalled everything, but maybe I just never unmounted the old mount and it persisted.

I do not have premium atm so I am restricted to only one mount. I should have seen this message:
$ odrive mount Test/ /
Unable to sync /home/jasper/Test This is a premium feature. Please upgrade your account.

Maybe I missed that? What is really strange is that the mount named ODrive was working for a bit, and I can’t find a mv ~/OneDrive ~/ODrive command anywhere in my history.

Not sure if any of that helps. I am going to assume it was my error.

Thanks again Tony.

Thanks for the follow-up @jasper.grond!

It is definitely odd that the folder was syncing before.

The agent’s local database and settings are in the .odrive-agent folder, so a full uninstall should include removing that folder. It was probably still hanging around when you performed the reinstall, which then caused the original mount to persist.

In any case, I’m glad things are working again!