New User Having Problems Getting Files to Download

• System Info -
    My o-drive connects 2 Dropbox accounts, 1 Amazon Cloud Drive, Google Drive, Facebook, Email, Instagram
    My MacBook Pro (13-inch, late 2011), 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 1GB HDD.

I have a large collection of music (almost 293 GB) contained in my Dropbox, which I’m trying to download within the odrive on my MacBook Pro. I selected the enclosing folder, right-clicked, chose “Sync”, and then selected to Download Everything, checked “Include subfolders” and “Save and apply to new files and folders.” At first, odrive seemed to be synching the files, about 14GB worth, but in the two days since, only a few files more have been downloaded. I have tried quitting and restarting odrive. I’ve tried restarting my laptop. Neither seemed to help.

How do I get the odrive to download the files? Suggestions? Ideas? I know it’s a lot of GBs, but I need to have them on the MacBook Pro.

– Candace

BTW, I think that odrive is busily reprocessing the files it’s already downloaded, rather than adding any new ones. At times, it’s using 98% of my CPU’s capacity.

Hi @candaceva,
It is possible that the bulk download operation aborted somewhere along the way. Currently it is a “one-shot” operation and will not restart itself if it hits an exception from the remote storage that causes an abort.

This will change in a future release, but for now try re-initiating the download (right-click->sync). The few files it has downloaded since may be new files that were added remotely, which is what the folder sync rules you apply take care of.

I tried that. Nothing happens. I tried (again) stopping odrive. Then shut down my laptop and rebooted. Odrive still doing nothing. Tried what you suggested again. Still nothing. I’ll next try removing the app and then reinstalling it, but at this point, odrive simply isn’t functioning the way it’s supposed to. I’m paying a yearly fee for a product that isn’t working. Fixing it “in a future release” would be fine if I could withhold my yearly fee until it’s fixed. Right now, the app is a doorstop. I am an extremely dissatisfied customer. Dropbox worked very reliably. Odrive is not working. Period. Before you start charging for an app, it should work fairly reliably. Odrive doesn’t.

Hi @candaceva,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu so I can take a look? Reinstall should not be necessary and I don’t want to cause more complications in doing that.

If it is a matter of hitting exceptions, we can try a fairly simple CLI script to “sync until done” on your folder. Please take a look at this post for details and let me know if you have any questions. Also, please let me know when you have sent the diagnostic and which folder it is that you are trying to sync down.

Tony,

My apologies. The problem is not, mostly, odrive. Mostly, the problem was me. Please forgive my rant. If I cannot get it all worked out on my own, I’ll post again, but for the moment, just forgive my inexcusable mouthing off.

Hi @candaceva,
No worries.

It can be frustrating when things aren’t working they way you expect. We don’t have everything perfect yet, either, but we are trying :slight_smile:

Just let me know if you have any questions.