Move Team Drive folder to different drive

Hello,

I currently have O-Drive set up on a second SSD in my machine, to keep my personal google account separate from my work one. I also often have larger files in my work google account, and so like to partition my local storage in this way.

My place of work has started using Team Drive, and this all seems to be working ok via the odrive folder on my MacintoshHD.

I would like to be able to sync the new Team Drives folder (and only the Team Drives folder) to my second SSD where my other work google account syncs.

Is this possible?

Many thanks.

1 Like

Hi @giles,
You can use the “sync to odrive” feature to do this.

1. Create a folder somewhere on your second SSD named “Team Drives”
  2. Right-click on that folder and select “sync to odrive”
  3. Navigate to the Team Drives folder within the web folder selection screen that pops up and select it as the destination.

For more information on the “sync to odrive” feature, take a look here: https://docs.odrive.com/docs/manage-sync#section-sync-external-folders

Hi @Tony

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

As far as I can see, syncing a folder to odrive will just copy my empty folder into TeamDrive. (unless I’m missing something)

What I would like to achieve is syncing the existing contents of the Team Drives back to my SSD.

Hi @giles,
“sync to odrive” will merge the content of the local and remote folders that were chosen for sync. If the local folder is empty, then you will just see the remote files listed (as placeholders, initially).

Hi @tony - all seems to be working now. For future reference, does the folder created locally need to have a name that exactly matches the one in the cloud?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @giles,

Yes. If you don’t have them the same name then odrive will create a folder with the local name in the remote folder chosen.