I am having trouble downloading all my files on to my limited-storage local drive to switch cloud providers.
If local storage is a limitation, you will either need to:
- Perform the migration in “batches”
- Use an advanced feature like “sync to odrive” (Manage Sync) to sync your cloud storage to external storage (like an external hard drive).
For option #1:
- Find a folder structure on your remote storage that you can safely download to your local computer
- Follow the migration instructions here to migrate the chosen folder structure from step 1. to your new remote storage: How do I Move or Migrate files from one storage provider to another? - #2 by Tony
- Right-click->unsync the completed source and destination folders, to free up the local disk space and then move on to the next “batch”.
For option #2:
- Connect your external local storage
- Create a new folder on the external storage that matches, exactly, the name of the storage link you want to migrate.
- Click on the new, empty local folder you create in step 2. and select “sync to odrive”. This will create a sync relationship between your local folder and the remote storage link.
- Follow the migration instructions here: How do I Move or Migrate files from one storage provider to another? - #2 by Tony
Just let me know if you have any questions on the above.