Migration with limited local storage

I am having trouble downloading all my files on to my limited-storage local drive to switch cloud providers.

Hi @niftiitimp,
If local storage is a limitation, you will either need to:

1. Perform the migration in “batches”
  2. Use an advanced feature like “sync to odrive” (Manage Sync) to sync your cloud storage to external storage (like an external hard drive).

For option #1:

1. Find a folder structure on your remote storage that you can safely download to your local computer
  2. Follow the migration instructions here to migrate the chosen folder structure from step 1. to your new remote storage: How do I Move or Migrate files from one storage provider to another? - #2 by Tony
  3. Right-click->unsync the completed source and destination folders, to free up the local disk space and then move on to the next “batch”.

For option #2:

1. Connect your external local storage
  2. Create a new folder on the external storage that matches, exactly, the name of the storage link you want to migrate.
  3. Click on the new, empty local folder you create in step 2. and select “sync to odrive”. This will create a sync relationship between your local folder and the remote storage link.
  4. Follow the migration instructions here: How do I Move or Migrate files from one storage provider to another? - #2 by Tony

Just let me know if you have any questions on the above.