Mac Release 5686 Sync to Odrive issue

Hi! Just installed 5686 on my Macs. First off THANK YOU for moving the Sync To Odrive folders from the main menu to a secondary one. This no longer means that I need to scroll past 600+ folders to empty the trash or see which files are syncing.

On the Sync To Odrive menu, only the first 100 folders are shown. I have about 640. At the bottom of the selector there is a single line with three dots, which I assume should lead to more folders. I can scroll down to this line and it highlights, but no more folders display. If I click on the three dots the entire menu disappears (which also happens if I select a specific folder), but no list of additional folders displays and no other folder opens. I realize that most people will not have this many folders sync’d, but that’s my situation.

As long as this subject is being considered, the 100 folders listed are not in alphabetical order, which means that it’s still sort of hunt and peck to find a specific one.

Thanks!

Doug

Hi @dougblair,

Thanks for your feedback, it is great to hear that you are syncing 600+ external folders with odrive app.

In our new tray menu design, we have restricted all tray menu lists to max 100 items to keep the responsiveness in mind, since you have more than 100 usable folders mounted to odrive, I have forwarded your use case details to our engineering team for further review.

I’ll let you know when I have an update on this issue.

Thanks,
Asif

hello Asif

Thanks for looking into this. Clearly someone anticipated there might be more than 100 folders as there is that little “…” at the end of this list. It just doesn’t do anything :-).

There is a similar issue with the Trash Bin in release 5686 that i just ran into a few minutes ago. There were about 90 files in the trash bin (mine is set to auto-empty after 1 day) and I accidentally deleted “about 30 files” (just a guess!) from a synced folder. When I tried to open the trash bin to click-to-recover my deletes I discovered that I cannot find all of the files to recover them. Two reasons for this, the first being that only the first 100 are shown and the second that the files in the list are in random order.

My application uses a lot of zero-length placeholder type files to indicate missing data, so there is quite a bit of churn during the day

I have changed my auto-delete to be Never until this is fixed

Yes, our team is looking into the matter

Thanks for your patience…!

Thanks,
Asif

Hi @dougblair,

We have decided to increase the limit from 100 to 1000 items max and sort items in alphabetic order (ascending). This should resolve both of the concerns / issues but I cannot promise when this change will be available to end-users.

I’ll let you know whenever this change is implemented and released

Thanks,
Asif

Hi Asif,

What would be a reasonable amount of time to wait for the larger, alphabetized folder lists? Since odrive reduced the number of folders to just the first 100, that means I can’t get to about 80% of the folders I’ve synced to Amazon with odrive. I can still get to the originals of course.

Here’s why this has recently become a significant issue for me: I added a new folder to be synced to odrive, but for reasons unknown (maybe a slower server or net timeout?) the cloud folder was created but the local folder is not connected to it. This has happened before, and in the past I have been able to navigate to the cloud folder under the sync with odrive menu (ok, before this change I had to scroll through many screens of folder names in random order, but I could eventually find it) try to open the folder and eventually disconnect the sync and then re-add it. As things are now if I attempt to add sync to my new folder it says it is already synced. But I cannot get to the cloud folder to disconnect it because it doesn’t happen to be in the first random 100 folders on the list.

Sooooo … I have worked around this particular issue by creating a misnamed folder, and fortunately it has been added correctly. But every time I store a document there (a couple times a day) I am reminded that this isn’t fixed yet…

As if,

Is this addressed in release 6103 (Mac)? It’s been a couple of months now…

Doug

Hi @dougblair,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread, we are already made the changes to permit more items in “Sync to odrive” list recently and now it should support your use case. These builds are still going through testing phase and pretty soon will be released to end-users; once approved.

I’ll let you know as soon as these builds / installers are released to users

Thanks,
Asif

Just a note to those following this thread, version 6110 now shows all the folders again, working like a champ!

Thanks, odrive!

1 Like