Local LAN FTP connection

Hello @Tony,

Thank you for the information. I have tested this and was not able to get it to work. I was able to get it to connect to the SFTP internal server without any issues. This, will not work for my other users. As Mac os Server does not give you the ability to host an SFTP with file specific permissions to my knowledge. I will keep looking into getting this to work as Odrive is perfect for I need.

Hi @Helgrind,
I may not fully understand what you are trying to do. For external users, they would need to be able to access the Ip address there the server is hosted. If the odrive web client cannot connect, then external users will not be able to either unless they are also on the local LAN or accessing through VPN.

Can you tell me where you are seeing an issue?

Hello @Tony,

Thank you again for taking to time to assist me. I am hosting this server on a local network. I then setup Odrive on my account to access the server with the correct login credentials. I have pointed it directly at the IP (I have also tried using the local DNS name). After I have done this I should be able to open the Odrive desktop app and see the folder. When I try to open the folder from within the network it is unable to resolve it. This is only for FTP setup.

When I set it up this way for SFTP using the private network I have no issues, but the SFTP server is not what I want to use for my users and the FTP is setup and has user-specific directories and permissions.

Please let me know if you have any more questions that might assist you in understanding my situation and what I am trying to do.

Hi @Helgrind,
Can you tell me what ftp server is being used?
Do you have access to the FTP server logs? If so, do you see anything in there when odrive attempts to connect?