Link sharing error: The file to share no longer exists

Hi all.

I’ve just started using ODrive with Wasabi backup and have it linked up to my bucket succesfully. However one feature isn’t working - when I try to create a link to a folder, I get the error “The file to share no longer exists”.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @jody,
Can you create a test folder, create a link to it, and then post it here (or message me directly)? I’ll take a look to see what the issue might be.

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I can’t even create a link - when I click “share” on any file or folder, I just get the message “The file to share no longer exists”, no link is created.

I’ve attached a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/6PsYz9E

Cheers.

Hi @jody,
Strange. Are you able to browse around without issue? What about download and upload?

I’m testing a couple of Wasabi links I have in my account, but I’m not able to reproduce, so it doesn’t seem like a general problem, but something is definitely amiss.

Yep I’m able to browse, upload, download and create shared spaces. It’s just link creation that doesn’t seem to be working.

This platform is exactly what I’ve been looking for so hopefully I can get this working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @jody,
Yeah this should work without issue. I’m playing around with my Wasabi account to see what variables could be affecting this.

Do you have any other buckets available? I’m just wondering if the issue exists on all buckets, or just this one. In fact, if you are able to make a test bucket and reproduce this, then I could actually debug against it and figure out what’s up.

Can you also tell me what region this bucket is in? It shouldn’t make any difference, but I’m just trying to duplicate your setup as closely as possible.

Thanks for your help with this mate.

Region is Wasabi US West 1 (Oregon): s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com

Yep I’m happy to make a test bucket. I’ll do that now and report back. Would you like access to it?

Hey @jody,
Yeah, if you are able to reproduce this with a test bucket then please send the test credentials to me (you can message me privately by clicking on my name and then clicking on Message) and I’ll debug and see what the heck is going on.

If you aren’t able to reproduce then we’ll need to troubleshoot this a different way, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

1 Like

Thanks @Tony

I created a new bucket in Wasabi, linked to it in Odrive, and link sharing works on that bucket!

So… obviously it’s an issue at Wasabi’s end with my primary bucket. I’m going to have a look into the access settings and go from there…

Hey @jody,
It may still be an issue on our side. Since you can browse just fine in that bucket, you should be able to create a shared link. It may be some obscure bug causing it, although I can’t put my finger on what it might be yet.

I’m still poking around…

1 Like

Hey @jody,
Are you at all familiar with using developer tools (in Chrome, for example)? When you attempt to create a share, the web client will make a call to the backend, and I would like to see what the response to that call is.

If you are using Chrome you can see this by doing the following:

• Get to the pop-up share screen, but don’t click on the “Share” button yet
  • Right-click on the page and select “Inspect”
  • This brings up the developer console. Click on the “Network” tab.
  • Click on “Share” now
  • In the Network tab you should see the call that was made.
  • Right click on that call (starts with “create?LinkUri”) and select “Save all as HAR with content”. This will save the file as a .har file.

If you can send that file to me I may be able to get a better idea of the issue. :crossed_fingers:

I know this is a hassle, so only if you have the time and are willing to do so.

Hi Tony, not a problem… happy to do anything that might help!

I’ll PM you the file.

1 Like