Limiting space taken by ODrive

I like the idea of ODrive using stubs, and ideal would be the ability to allow, say 50GB for downloaded files, but for odrive to automatically manage this “cache”.

I see there’s a manual unsync option (premium only). Does though the above feature exist (using free currently).

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @nigel,
We have auto-unsync rules that you can apply globally that will auto-unsync files that have not been used within a certain period of time. You can find out more about that here:

1 Like

That’s an cool idea @nigel! Automatically manage cache with a certain limit could be an option in the auto-unsync feature. For exemplo: Just auto-unsync files from odrive folder if the limit of 100GB is exceeded.

If you are a little more adventurous, you could construct your own unsync rules and run them periodically.

Take a look at this blog post, which delves into the CLI and actually gives examples for unsyncing based on file extension, file size, or file age:
https://medium.odrive.com/sync-client-magic-602d858731de

I could see adding to this with an option to look at directory structures that are over a certain size (using du in bash, for example) and then applying unsync to that structure.

1 Like