Instruction for Ubuntu

Hello,

I was searching for a google drive sync solution for ubuntu and I found this software.
I figured it out how I can sync one file. But each time I need to rename my file by appending .cloud.
Please help me for few basic operation.

1. I want to sync manually.
  2. Folder sync (including subfolders)
  3. sync a file without renaming it each time.

Hi @dhkn.in.nitr,

Can you clarify the steps you are taking and the result when you do this? This would treat your file like a placeholder, and wouldn’t actually sync anything.

Sync a file

Command:

sync [path to .cloud placeholder file]

Python client

python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" sync "$HOME/odrive-agent-mount/Dropbox/myfile.txt.cloud"

OS X/Linux/RPi binary client

"$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive" sync "$HOME/odrive-agent-mount/Dropbox/myfile.txt.cloud"

Sync a folder

Command:

sync [path to .cloudf placeholder file]

Python client

python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" sync "$HOME/odrive-agent-mount/Dropbox/MyFolder.cloudf"

OS X/Linux/RPi binary client

"$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive" sync "$HOME/odrive-agent-mount/Dropbox/MyFolder.cloudf"

Syncing a folder recursively

This example shows a one-line script to recursively sync all of the contents in the “$HOME/odrive-agent-mount/Dropbox/” folder.

exec 6>&1;num_procs=4;output="go"; while [ "$output" ]; do output=$(find "$HOME/odrive-agent-mount/Dropbox/" -name "*.cloud*" -print0 | xargs -0 -n 1 -P $num_procs python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" sync | tee /dev/fd/6); done