Inspectlet Analytics

Hi.
I’m totally new to odrive, but this really seems to be the product I’ve been looking for a long time :slight_smile:

But I notice that you are running inspectlet. According to their own web page they:
Record and watch everything your visitors do.
Screen Capture lets you record videos of your site visitors as they use your site, allowing you to see everything they do.

Is this really something you want to run for logged in users that trust your service with all their cloud data?

1 Like

Hi,
Good question. Inspectlet is actually not currently recording anything. (recording is disabled) Occasionally we will use it to see how people are interacting with homepage changes we make, to see movement through our main page (are people finding the sign-up button, what information are they looking at vs quickly scrolling through, etc…)

We are not recording user’s browsing their linked storage, subscriptions, profile, billing, etc… via the web client. We have no desire to see this information.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

1 Like

I will block the inspectlet scripts for now, but I would really advice to remove the script lines from the storage and profile pages.

1 Like

I’ll look into removing the JS from loading on any pages we don’t use it on so it doesn’t cause any worry.

2 Likes

I use https://www.getsmartlook.com instead of inspectlet. It is free and seems more anonymous for my web visitors at my website.

1 Like