I have moved my Win7 desktop folder into the odrive folder but it will not sync

Was hoping to create one desktop folder to share/use between the 3 computers I use almost daily, and so I moved the desktop folder into the odrive folder. When I ask it to sync, I get “Can’t sync Desktop. Unexpected failure, Please try again later.” I restarted the com but that didn’t help. Any suggestions?

Hi,
Can you tell me what the process was for moving the desktop folder into odrive?
Is this folder your “Desktop” folder?
Do you see any activity in the odrive tray menu? If so, what do you see?

Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu?

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed the Win recommended process, as explained on their website. The folder is indeed my desktop, which was the whole idea why I wanted to do this, to avoid having to sync manually between all three desktops on my computers. For now I have added only one. There is activity in the odrive menu. Not sure how i can send the diagnostic here. I can only see it in the menu, which clearly does not send the diagnostic to this forum.

Hi @lesinthai
It looks like you pointed your Desktop folder to the root of the odrive folder. Since odrive does not supply storage, you need to point it to a linked service that allows writes. For example, Google Drive. Can you try moving it to an appropriate spot in odrive?

Thanks!

That did the trick! I am still getting used to the possibilities as well as the limitations of odrive, and you help is much appreciated. Cheers, Tony!

1 Like