HubiC storage provider?

Thank you @rafhob,
I only spoke about inconvients from Hubic. Maybe your playing video problem does not exist with Hubic. You can test it by creating a free account : https://hubic.com/fr/offres/stockage-gratuit
You can upload up to 25GB for free.
Have you encountered more issues with Amazon Drive ?

1 Like

I will try Hubic with this free account. Thanks @jordan.lenuff!
Yes, i have more minor problems with ACD besides this one with vĆ­deos. One that I really miss too is to see the folder info size and number of files inside that folder - It already has this possibility in files, but not in folders. Like file properties in an macOS (number of files and subfolders in a folder, total size, etc.). I would like to check if everything was uploaded correctly.

What do you mean by ā€œACDā€ ? (im french, surely im lacking english !)
For Amazon Drive, I like the client desktop. It shows you which files failed and suggest to try again easily. So, I donā€™t really need the number of files or other infos. With Hubic, you also dont have this possibility.

1 Like

I donā€™t use Amazon desktop client anymore, just odrive. I trust odrive to do the sync and backup, but would be interesting for me that Amazon web interface have this folder info/properties, just for the peace of my mind. By the way, ACD is a shorten name for Amazon Cloud Drive. :wink:

ACD ā€¦ :laughing: Ho Myā€¦

Here an example of the web interface of my Hubic account :

As you can see, no more information about folder than ACD ā€¦

Another issue i encountered yesterday : the download of data !
I selected a folder to download, so Hubic made a zip file. There was two issues :

• the download speed was limited at 1024 kB
  • once the download completed, the zip file was corrupted. :angry:
    It happened twice on two diffrent folders.

Iā€™m really fed up of Hubic ā€¦

EDIT : another error in trying to dowload with the web client Hubic :

1 Like

And here an example of trying to download a save from Swift Explorer Client :

I was unable to recover my saveā€¦

1 Like

So Iā€™ll be stuck on Amazon Cloud Drive for now. Thanks for showing me this @jordan.lenuff. This errors are basic and whatā€™s is the point of having a cloud that you cannot download properly a file, right? :laughing:

I just moved 5tb from Hubic to ACD. I found Hubic too unusable. Impossibly slow to rename, delete or move files on the cloud. The OSX destop client unreliable, downloads corrupted. Even when I tried deleting everything before closing my account there were fileā€™s I couldnt remove due to ā€˜permissionā€™ errors or bad http responses. Iā€™m glad to see the back of it.

1 Like

Good information @andrewnorton! Did you use a web service or site to do this data migration between cloud services? Or you uploaded all 5tb again to the cloud?

I just re-uploaded it again. It actually took me almost as long to delete the data from Hubic as it did to upload it to ACD!

I took the opportunity to cleanse the data a bit and the bottom line was I just didnt have the faith in the integrity of the Hubic data anyway. I used a combination of the Amazon uploader tool and Odrive

1 Like

Hi,

After Amazon has ended unlimited plans, many of us are searching new cloud provider. I did find out that hubic could be quite cost effective solution for our problem now, also OVH behind it is quite big so I donā€™t see any massive problems there.

We really would like to see HUBIC integration on oDrive. It seems that they have public API ready, so integration that should not be a problem.

• Semi
1 Like

I support this request.

Actually, like possibly many others, I chose odrive only because of the convenience it gave to Amazon unlimited backup.

Now, as Amazon is pricing itself out of the market, odrive lacks justification for me. I might still use it because I am used to it but only if it either supports other than Amazon alternatives, or at least does not interfere too much with them.

HUBIC is fine but has a 10 MB/s throttle-neck; at the moment I am testing it for usability.

1 Like

Around 1 year ago, I supported hubic here on this thread and I was using it myself, today I say: Stay away from hubic, it is simply not reliable, lot of glitches and there is no support, but maybe a little bit if you speak and write Frenchā€¦

Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t remember the details of my frustration, but slow speeds was 1 of themā€¦

1 Like

I tried Hubic and can only re-emphasize what others said earlier: stay away from Hubic! Fortunately I have subscribed only to their monthly plan.

It takes forever to get 4TB through their tiny bandwidth ā€¦ I tried it from work (where I got lots of bandwidth with stability) and never managed to upload everything within 2 months!

Now they cancelled my account (I got some French warning; at least this is what I now believe it was); athough my cc details never changed.

The worst thing is if you are believe you are save, and actually are not.

Maybe odrive with hubic support would have worked better; but that would not resolve their bandwidth/communication/payment problem.

2 Likes

The bandwith problem at hubic is mainly a problem for everyone outside Europe/France, because their servers a centralized there. Itā€™s the same vice-versa, when a cloud is just centralized in the States or Asia for an European.

Actually, I still would love to see hubic be included in odrive, even though I donā€™t use them primarily (but their cheap storage is a good thing for hosting larger file projects I donā€™t need to often).

A post was split to a new topic: Hubic login issues