odrive tries not to sync files that are already synced, if they are the same exact file. So you were to “sync to odrive” a folder, and point it to a folder that already files in it on Amazon, odrive will try to only sync the files/folders that have not yet been synced or differ.
If the files on your external drive have already been synced to odrive and you are trying to make sure everything is synced on that drive we can probably modify the instructions a bit:
- Move half of the files over from the bad drive to the other external drive. Put these files in a folder that has the same exact name as the folder on Amazon Drive that you want to sync these files to.
- Right-click->“sync to odrive” the folder and choose the corresponding folder with the same name (see 1.) on the remote side, and and wait for it to complete (it will take quite a while)
- Remove sync from the local folder (right-click->remove sync). This step is important because, without it, odrive will think you’ve deleted all of the files in this folder when you go to the next step.
- Replace the content in the local folder with the second half of the files from the bad drive, keeping the same folder name.
- “sync to odrive” folder this folder again, choosing the same remote folder as before, and wait for it to complete
- Remove sync from the folder (right-click->remove sync)
At this point the content that was on the bad external drive should all be synced to that remote folder that you chose.