Help odrive cloud and computer folders emtty

I’ve installed odrive and move the folder to my existing odrivesync folder"D:odriveSync". When checking on odrive menu it showed that the 2 folders are not allowed to be sy7nc. I’ve then changed the permissions(security) on the folder to full control.
On the odrive menu when clicked on the not allowed to sync , odrive responded to “delete this change” I’ve deleted and found that my odrive is now emty on my computer an on cloud???
How can I restore
Regards
Cobus

Hi @cobusduven,
I am not clear on what exactly happened here, but let’s start with the basics. It sounds like you may have unlinked the storage from your odrive account when you deleted the items.

• What do you see when you view odrive from the odrive web client? https://www.odrive.com/account/myodrive
  • What storage did you have linked? Are you able to view that storage, directly, using the storage service’s web client?

I see noting on Odrive. Just a link to "Link Storage"
My cobusduven Google drive show my files still intact also blokkiesraaisel Google drive fine.
If I look on my odrive folder on computer that is completely empty.
Regards
Cobus

Hi @cobusduven,
It sounds like you deleted the odrive links. You can get them back by selecting “Link Storage” on the https://www.odrive.com/account/myodrive page and then linking those sources again.

Once linked, right-click on the odrive folder and select the odrive “refresh” option. You should then see your links show up again.

Hi Tony
Thanks for the help. My concern is that the items in my odrive folder on my computer is empty. How do I sync back to my 2 folders on my hard drive. Also the function of odrive deleted my programs before the new programs were synced to the cloud. Somehow I would liked to get it back.
I’m not sure where to refresh the links.
Sorry to be such a nuisance.
Regards
Cobus

Hi @cobusduven,
I’m sorry to hear you are still having some issues here.

If you re-link your storage you can download it back to your system. If there were files that had not yet synced and you chose to delete those, we ask Windows to send those files to the Recycle bin. Unfortunately, we have found that, if the size of the data is too great, Windows will not move them to the Recycle bin and delete them instead.

To summarize:

Thank you
Regards
Cobus

Hy Tony
I recovered all files. I linked the 2 drives. The only problem I have now is that if I right click on the odrive icon in sys tray it tells me that the two folders are unauthorized.
can you assist more please
Regards
Cobus

Hi @cobusduven,
I’m glad to hear you found your files!

For the current issue, can you take a screenshot of what you see and send it over? Also, can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu?

This is what I see and odrive does not sync
Regards
Cobus

Hi @cobusduven,
I took a look at the diagnostic. It looks like you tried to rename the Google Drive folders, or replace them, but the operation did not track correctly.

Can you take a screenshot of what you see in https://www.odrive.com/account/myodrive please? It looks like the links there were removed and readded with different names, although it is hard to tell. Currently odrive thinks that these two folder shown in not allowed are not linked storage.

Did you try to rename your links or replace them?

Hi @cobusduven,
Can you try these steps, please:

1. Exit odrive
  2. Rename the two problem folders on the desktop to the names that appear in the web client
  3. Start odrive

Hi Tony
Sorry for such a stupid thing. Seems to be working. Thanks
regards
Cobus

Hi @cobusduven,
No worries at all. I’m glad things are working again!