Google Drive syncs but shows .xlarge folder in the cloud instead of final file

I’ve been using odrive successfully with this same Google Drive account for a couple of years now. In the past couple of days, things have started to go awry.

It seems that when I sync a file now, it’ll upload, but leaves the cloud version of the file in a temporary state. It’s a folder with the structure [filename].[long_random_number].xlarge. The folder seems to contain chunked parts of the file (it’s about the right size) and a small .meta file.

The weirdest part is that I seem to be able to unsync the file locally and re-sync from the cloud successfully! That doesn’t help me share with my team though, as they don’t all have odrive and need to download the file manually from their web browser.

I’ve tired a few ways to resolve this without any luck. I even had an important file deleted automatically during the sync process.

Is anyone else having issues with Google Drive? Is there any way to resolve this?

Hi @kracker.karakas,
It sounds like you enabled the IFS feature for splitting large files. You will want to set the “Split Large Files” option to “Never”.

For any files that were uploaded this way, you will want to make a new copy of the local file, so that it is uploaded again as a new file without being split. You can then delete the original split version.

This feature won’t cause any file deletion, but maybe this was caused by some of your troubleshooting steps?

Thank you! I wasn’t even aware of this feature, so I must have clicked it inadvertently somehow.

I’m so glad it’s not a bug, as odrive has been rock solid for me otherwise. Keep up the great work, guys!

1 Like

Sure thing @kracker.karakas! Just let us know if you need anything else.