Google Drive Error When Syncing

I am trying to sync some files down to my computer from Google Drive when I try to sync a file I get an Unable to sync Google Error, this has been happening since yesterday evening.

Hi @mandalorian2,
Does it show any other information in the error message?
Are you still able to upload new files?
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu so I can take a look?

I sent the diagnostics. That is all the message I get. I do seem to be able to upload files.

Another weird thing when I looked at my Google Drive directly there were a large number of files in the trash that I hadn’t deleted, I restored them and a while later there were more in there. They are not files I would have recently uploaded or modified though they are in one of the folders I am trying to sync.

Hi @mandalorian2,
I took a look and Google is throwing back this error for several files:
“reason”: “downloadQuotaExceeded”,
“message”: “The download quota for this file has been exceeded.”

These should show in the “not allowed” list in the odrive menu. If these files are shared, it may be that others have downloaded them enough where Google is limiting further downloads.

As for the delete files, do you have odrive auto-trash rules set? That is the only way for odrive to delete any files in the cloud unless you empty the trash your self. More info here: https://docs.odrive.com/docs/sync-changes#section--empty-trash-

odrive will queue files in the odrive trash if it detects that files have been removed locally. Otherwise, it may be that the deletes are happening in the cloud, maybe triggered by another client?

If you go to the Google Drive web client, you can see the activity history for files and folders. It should tell you when these files were deleted and by whom:

• Go to drive.google.com.
  • On the left click My Drive.
  • In the upper right, click Info Information .
  • To see recent changes, click Activity.
  • To see the activity of a specific file or folder, click the file or folder.
  • To see older changes, scroll down on the right side.

None of the files are shared it is just me, does this reset eventually?

Hi @mandalorian2,
I missed this earlier, sorry about that.

Everything I’ve read say this is a 24 hour thing. Did you find that was the case?

Yes it cleared up after 24 hours

Thanks for confirming @mandalorian2