Getting Error Message when trying to access OpenDrive Folder in Explorer

Hi There,

today i discovered and installed odrive and so far really like it. I was able to connect with two other cloud services without problems. But OpenDrive gives me problems.

I am able to access it from within the odrive web menu. But when i try to access it from within the windows explorer, i get the following error message:
“Unable to sync Open Drive.cloudf.
Unexpected error. Please try again later.”

OpenDrive is the one service that i was looking most forward to be using with odrive. So i would really like to get this to work. Any ideas on what could be the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @isabo,

To better understand the problem, would you like to provide more details below?

1. In which OS, are you having this problem, Windows or MAC?
  2. What is the odrive app version you running? if you running WIN-5453 / MAC-5491, please try our newly released builds?

The autoupdater has not been pushed yet, so if you want to try out new builds, please grab it from the download page here.

1. Send Diagnostic Report, please follow the steps below:

a) Goto tray menu → Open odrive folder.
b) Double click on “OpenDrive” storage placeholder folder.
c) Send diagnostic report from tray menu, after you hit “Unable to sync Open Drive.cloudf, Unexpected error. Please try again later.”

Thanks,
Asif

Hi Asif,

1. I am using Windows 10 64bit

2. The odrive version i have installed is 1.0.5656. I installed today for the first time, so i guess that’s the latest version?

3. i did as you asked me to do and sent a diagnostics report.I hope you received it? I don’t know if this is significant or not, but i sent the report after clicking the “ok” button in the error window. O should i have let the error window open?

Thanks @isabo. Yes, you are using the latest builds

We are looking into diagnostic report and it seems like there is an error coming out due to some date / time during folder expansion. I have created an internal ticket for tracking purposes.

I’ll let you know when there an update or fix available for reported problem.

Thanks,
Asif

Hi @isabo,

Sorry for the delay, our engineering team has isolated the problem but I cannot promise when permanent fix will be available to end-users.

To overcome this issue, please temporarily change your Windows 10 machine time zone to UTC-08:00 Pacific Time (US & Canada), Exit and re-launch odrive app and then try to expand “OpenDrive” placeholder folder. Does it works now?

You can change your time zone back to its original state after expanding OpenDrive folder and it should start working from there without need to change time zone in future.

Please let me know how it works

Thanks,
Asif

1 Like

Hi Asif,

works like a charm now, also after resetting date back to original state. Thanks so much for the quick help!

Have a great day.

1 Like

Thank you…!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns

Thanks,
Asif