Forum Feedback: How is it working for you?

Hey all,
I wanted to get some feedback on how the new forum is working out for folks. Our transition was pretty quick, and I am still figuring out all the bells and whistles on this platform, as I’m sure you are too.

The most important thing I want to check is that people are not having any sort of connections issues or inability to get to the new forum. I know that this may sound silly: “Duh… if they can’t connect how can they respond?”, but I’m figuring that there isn’t anybody that is not able to get to the site at all. I just want to make sure that when you do, the experience is good (response is quick, no intermittent timeouts, etc.).

After that, I am looking for feedback on the structure and experience.

If you have any feedback, please let me know.

Thanks!

No problems here - like the new software & layout etc! Haven’t had any problems creating posts or replying, and I really love how it remembers something you were in the middle of typing of you close the browser/whatever by mistake.

1 Like

So far, so good. I still think we need a separate, no-comments RELEASE NOTES channel in which odrive can let us know what has been fixed or added when each version is posted, and keep us up to date on which build is the current GA version for each platform.

A KNOWN ERRORS or CLOUD STATUS channel, in which odrive can publish the known outages with supported cloud service providers would be useful too. After all, we don’t want to blame odrive for not syncing properly when it turns out that the could provider has experienced degraded performance or an outage. This may be a tall order, keeping track of the availability of 20 or 30 other services, but it would probably help focus customer complaints in the right places.

1 Like

This forum software is excellent! Is this software homemade or a platform? I really like it!

Thanks @goodhorseytime. We use Discourse. You can find out more here: https://www.discourse.org/

Thanks Tony much appreciated. Really good.

1 Like