File being truncated when sharing

I shared a file XXX.sql through odrive, when the file id sownloaded through the share link the file is trucated approximately half way through. But the file when sync’d locally is correct. I took an additional step of copying the file to a new file and created a new share to it, the same issue happened.

The storage being used with this file is box .

The content of the file is just t-sql.

Thanks you,

David

Hi @davidp,
I am not able to reproduce this using an odrive shared-link on Box storage. Are you seeing this will all files or just this one file (and its copies), in particular?

If you download it via the odrive web client, via normal browsing vs a shared link, does the same problem occur?

Dear @Tony ,

Thanks for the quick response, this is only happening with this one file. Never had an issue before like this with any other files. There is no issue accessing the file via any other means that I’ve seen. I just re-checked and downloading through the website works perfectly fine, only through the share link is the issue experienced.

If it helps I can send you the actual file directly that is being used, it’s shared with a 7 day share, maybe there is something oddly specific about the file content. The interesting thing is if I rename the file and add .txt to the extension and share it, it has the same issue.

Thanks again,

David

Hi @davidp,
Yes this is very odd. The team told me that you submitted a request via the sales channel, too, so was able to take a look at the file there, although I don’t know what it is supposed to look like :). If you can send me the original I can investigate more.

Dear @Tony,

Is there a way I can send you the file directly so it’s not publicly viewable?

Thanks,

David

Hi @davidp,
You should get a response via e-mail. Can you attach it there, once you do?

Dear @Tony,

The email comes from a noreply… address, so I’m not sure if there is another email I should be receiving.

Thanks,

David

Dear @Tony,

Got it, thanks, just responded with the file.

David

Thanks @davidp. I’m taking a look.

Hi @davidp,
We found an obscure issue. This file is the only file we can find that hits it, so far.

A fix has been made and is going through QA. Thanks for the help in tracking it down!

Dear @Tony, I figured as much, it was really odd and as I was testing it, it seemed to be one of those just very odd occurrences. We really enjoy your product and rely on it, so it’s great to hear you are so quick to track down and fix issues.

Thanks again, and any further info I can provide, just let me know.

Have a great weekend,

David

Dear @Tony,

We are still running into this issue, just happened a few minutes ago. Do you know the status of the fix?

Thanks again,

David

Hi @davidp,
I think we should be able to release it today. I will ping this thread when it is out.

Hi @davidp,
This is in production now. You should no longer see the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Dear @Tony,

Just wanted to let you know I ran a quick test and it looks to be working perfectly.

Thanks again for your help,

David

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @davidp!