(error) messages Trash bin

I try to empty the Odrive trash bin, but that is not working.
I get error messages, like

Restored deleted item nothing_about_us_wit…sability_studies.pdf.
You do not have edit permissions.

I don’t understand this. Because I have already deleted this item from Google Drive (using Windows Explorer).
If I really would not have edit permissions, I could also not delete the item in the first place.

Also, the submenu items from tray icon --> Trash bin (such as ‘empty trash and sync all deletes’ are not properly working. I can not really click on it. The mouse can not ‘select’ a submenu item. Looks like something with selecting submenu’s is wrong.

Hi @karinvdbosch,
Is this a file that was shared? If so, Google doesn’t have an API that we can use to remove/delete a shared item, so you will end up seeing this message.

You said you already deleted it on Google Drive, but perhaps this is another copy of it? If you search for this file in the Google Drive web client, does anything show up?

For the submenu problem, does an odrive restart resolve it?

Hi Tony,

“Google doesn’t have an API that we can use to remove/delete a shared item, so you will end up seeing this message.”

Does it make a difference who is the owner of a shared item? If I am the owner of the file or folder, I think I should be able to remove/delete it, even while it is shared.

Submenu: I can’t evaluate that at the moment, because currently I have no items in the trash bin.

Hi @karinvdbosch,
If you are trying to delete the file out of the “Shared With Me” folder then it won’t matter what the permissions are since Google doesn’t have a way to remove items in there. Generally the files you own and are sharing with others will not show up in “Shared With Me”, though.

1 Like