Encrypted file on cloud storage. can they be un-encrypted by knowing password without using odrive desktop app? Is there anyway to stop people from accessing my files on desktop odrive if they have access to my laptop? it seems like all you have to is double click file, it is synced & opened. If I deauthorize odrive, who has access, would that be a way to keep prying eyes out? Does it take a password to reauthorize?
This post contains a lot of information regarding our Encryption, along with a link to a python utility that can be used to decrypt odrive-encrypted files without the odrive desktop app:
There are a few ways:
- If you’ve never entered your encryption passphrase(s) on that system, they will not be able to open them.
- If you remove the stored passphrases (mac keychain or windows registry), and restart odrive, it will ask for the passphrase again.
- Deauthorizing odrive will require reauthorizing (logging back into odrive) before you can access your remote data again.
- Expiring all session from this page: https://www.odrive.com/account/profile will expire all existing sessions for your account and log out of the clients. You would need to log back in to gain access to your remote data again.
- Removing an Encryptor folder from here: https://www.odrive.com/account/myodrive?catid=encryption will remove it from the client view.
Thank you, that was helpful