Empty trash and sync all deletes - NOT working?

Hi @logistics,
Since you are using the free version, as a workaround, you can move the folder out of odrive, instead (to your desktop, for example). That should pop-up a message saying that you can’t move the folder outside of odrive because it contains placeholders. odrive will then add back the a placeholder for the “Google Drive (Aqua)/Aqua Africa” folder which will now appear as “Google Drive (Aqua)/Aqua Africa.cloudf”.

This essentially mimics an unsync on that folder.

OK, I will test that out. How does the folder get synced to the cloud then? - Via Google Drive or does odrive still update the changes?

Once you have “reset” the folder in this way, you can expand it again and add your new/changed files to that folder to be uploaded, as normal. Is that what you mean?

Hi Tony,

I did what you suggested but I did not get a message about not being able to move the folder outside of odrive and I did not see a new placeholder for the Aqua Africa folder.

I ended up going back to the native Google Drive setup and re-synced the aqua folder via google drive. I also unlinked the aqua folder from odrive.

Life is just too busy right now to continue playing with this as the aqua folder is very busy and the updates are crucial to our business. Not to mention the bandwidth that gets eaten up by a major re-sync of 8Gb of data each time I move or mess with the location of the folder.

Thanks again for all the help and I think I am going to call it a day. $96 odd may not seem like a lot but I cannot justify spending that on a convenience!!

Best regards
Basil

PS - You can close this ticket now.

I appreciate the follow-up @logistics. Hopefully we will see you back here in the future!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Slack deleted files being synced

I know this an old thread but I am just wondering if there has been any resolution with this issue.
I too am still unable to ‘empty odrive trash’ files that are in a shared google drive folder.
I realise its google drive permission that are blocking the delete but have you guys worked out a way around this?

Hi @craig2,
I think this issue may have gotten lost in the shuffle amidst other development. I will see if we can revisit and address this.

1 Like

Hi @craig2,
I actually just took a look at this and Google still hasn’t exposed a way to remove shared items via the API.

I took a look at what they are doing on the webclient hoping we might be able to use some undocumented method. They are using their v2internal API endpoint and modifying the file metadata to set “subscribed” to false. I tried to set this with the public API, but it had no effect and we aren’t allowed to use their private API… :frowning_face:

We could change it so that trying to trash shared items just fails silently, instead of popping an error, so that it doesn’t interrupt the rest of the empty trash process, but it looks like that is the extent to which we could change the current behavior, unfortunately.