Degoo Support in the future?

Weary of Google taking away my Unlimited Storage for my business account next June,
I just signed up for a lifetime 15 TB storage at Degoo for $90.

I’m hoping odrive will support this cloud storage service in the near future.

Degoo is not a typical cloud service provider so adding odrive support may not be possible. Degoo is a cold storage backup provider with 3-5 hour retrieval time for files stored on their Amazon back end storage system. Additionally, they do not provide any APIs for access to files. Once a request is submitted to retrieve a file and it becomes available, there is a finite time the file remains on their system for download It use to be 24 hours, but I am told that is now 5 days, but my last retrieval was only available for download for 24 hours.

Additionally, Degoo has removed their computer agent download, so to “backup” files requires using their web interface and drag and drop a file or folder at a time. I have been with Degoo for a few years and still have the old client backup software on my system, but since client updates are by direct pushes from Degoo, I don’t have the client installation file. Backups have become very slow over the last few months, so beware.

I also have unlimited business storage on Google but researching last week I could not find a date when the unlimited would be taken away. In your post you referenced this may happen next June, do you have any info where this date may have originated?

1 Like

Thanks. Looks like I made a bad service purchase.

It should still be possible to “simulate” human behavior with their web interface. At the very least oDrive should be able to remove the requirement to sign in once every 30 days and have basic compatibility for low-capacity users (even with the free version).

@toshi Be sure that you don’t upload copyrighted material to their site. Even unintentionally giving them access to your music folder can cost you your account. I personally would go the step further and use an encrypter-decrypter before upload to their site or at the very least encrypting and password locking the files before uploading. This is true for all online storage but especially for companies like Degoo or Google that actively scan your data to use for their own purposes. For 90 bucks you can create your own backup starter kit.

Hey guys first day of using odrive, loving it, it is really clean. however i would like to ask if you could add support to link Degoo Cloud, thank you.

Hi @peloco1,
Degoo doesn’t currently have an API to utilize, so it isn’t possible to support them. There are also some interesting and helpful comments above about the service, in general.

1 Like