Consider separating docs for each OS into separate HTML pages

I am a linux user, and have found the documentation to be a bit frustration to use. I have to scroll past documentation addressing Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX to get to what I want. It’s actually a bit difficult to visually “pull out” the bits that are relevant - I find myself looking for clues to see if it applies to Linux or not (eg using ‘’ in paths).
Not to mention that scrolling past other OSes documentation makes me feel like I’m a 3rd class citizen…(even if that might be true in this case)…I think it is very unlikely any user would want to read the docs for all OSes at once.

Can I suggest you put the docs for each OS on a different HTML page?

1 Like

Hi,
We are making the switch over to a new documentation system, which you can see here:

This allows better navigation and makes the code pieces easier to pick with tabs. What do you think?

1 Like

That url takes me to a 404 page.

1 Like

Hmm… that is odd. I tested with chrome on both Windows and OS X and Edge on Windows and they all worked with the above link.

What about https://docs.odrive.com?

1 Like

I’m on chrome/android. The new url seems to give better results, but the header doesn’t behave correctly (imo) after following the Linux link.

1 Like