Consequences of blacklisting a folder that was previously synced

I use odrive premium and Amazon Cloud Drive (also pro, but that doesn’t matter).

I want to reduce the amount of time required for me to sync things to the cloud. My phone backup folder has a lot of stuff, so I figure that perhaps temporarily blacklisting it might be a good idea.

The only problem is that I don’t know what that might mean for files that I have that are unsynced. Will they be deleted?

Will the folder somehow be deleted from my cloud, or redownloaded as a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @slowdriver,
If you rename a previously synced file so that it has a blacklisted name (add a ~ to it, for example), odrive will ignore the file, but consider the “previous” file to be deleted, since it doesn’t exist anymore. You will see it appear in the odrive trash and stay there until you empty the trash. If you rename it back to the original name, it will be removed from the odrive trash.

1 Like

Even if the folder is updated with new files later?

Hi @slowdriver,
To odrive, the folder won’t exist if it has a blacklisted name. You can continue adding files to it in that state, but they won’t sync and the odrive will think the folder (with the original name) has been deleted. Once you name the folder back to the original name, or a non-blacklisted name, it will sync the folder and its contents again.

1 Like