Connection issues with Amazon Cloud Drive

I’m trying to set up odrive with Amazon Cloud Drive as a backup solution for photos.

Unfortunately I’m frequently getting connection issues. When I try to manage links in the browser I get the following error: “Cannot browse Amazon Cloud Drive. Please check your network connection or manage your proxy settings.”

See also:

The desktop app is returning a similar message.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it maybe related to Amazon Cloud Drive? I’ve noticed already that Amazons native web interface responds relatively slow compared to Google Drive and Dropbox.

It is possible that Amazon was having issues that may have caused these messages. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

Seems to be working now. Syncing is fine and browsing Amazon Cloud Drive over odrive (Manage Links) is much faster now.

Maybe it was a temporary issue with Amazon.

Hi there,

I’ve just started using oDrive today and I’ve run into this issue too.

I have issues browsing the Amazone drive folder both in the oDrive web browser and with the Windows Deskyop Client

Issue persists after restarting the Desktop client too.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi @david10,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu after hitting this so I can take a look?

What is the error you see on the desktop client?

Hi Tony and thanks for following up.

When i try to open the [folder in question] the desktop client displays the following error;

Unable to sync [folder in question].cloudf.
Unexpected error. Please try again later.

I have just sent diagnostics,

Dave

Hi @david10,
I took a look at the diagnostics and it looks like this is happening when you try to expand the Amazon Cloud Drive/Pictures/DG folder, right? There seems to be a file in there that Amazon is returning with missing metadata and its causing the expand attempt to fail.

The file is 2017-06-21_05-10-50_297.jpeg. Can you see if that file is shown within the Amazon Drive web client? If so, ca you try downloading it. If you are able to download it and open in, then try deleting it from Amazon and re-uploading.

This is an error I’ve never seen before, but it looks like Amazon may have saved that file and had some sort of internal error that didn’t write out the content information to their metadata layer.

Hi @Tony,

I browsed that file in Amazon Drive and it was corrupt (couldn’t view the jpg, nor did it have any file size metadata).

After removing as you suggested the folder now loads without issue with the desktop client as well as in the web browser.

Would be great if both the desktop client or web browser could report the file that it has issues with in the error message so the user could resolve, otherwise some might see this as an odrive which indeed it is not.

Thanks for your great & reactive support,
Dave

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up @david10. In this case the scenario was unexpected, so odrive wasn’t able to deal with it in any way, really. I have passed this on as a potential issue for the integration so it can be anticipated in the future.