Conflict Files - Mac

We have used odrive to sync active (currently being worked on) Premiere Pro projects for a while now with no serious issues, over the last month or so we’ve noticed that we are getting a lot of conflict files created as we work, causing issues with autosaves and normal saves. We can force the conflict happen by saving twice in quick succession. But even without saving in rapid succession the error occurs often. Is there anything we can do to stop this or work around this? Thanks.

We are seeing this across several systems, all Macs, most on the latest Catalina 10.15.4.

Hi @brenton,
Can you trigger this behavior again and then send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu? I’ll take a look and see what can be done to mitigate the issue you are seeing.

@Tony done, it wasn’t sent from my account however, someone else in my org sent it. Do you need those details?

Hi @brenton,
I found it, but its a little difficult to parse because there is a lot of activity. Is it possible to trigger the conflict scenario again and then immediately send a diagnostic after it has fully resolved (all files have been uploaded) and then provide the name and path of the file?

@Tony /Google Drive (mjo)/WriteBrain Post/projects/mjo projects/ARC-DPT_03055.prproj

Thanks @brenton!

I am still looking through things, but I think one of the things that is contributing to this is the auto-save feature of Adobe Premier. It looks like it is constantly shuffling the project files around as it auto-saves and odrive is having a heck of a time trying to keep up with it.

I am wondering if adding the auto-save folder to the blacklist would help things. If you are willing to give it a shot, here is how you can do this:

• Open up the odrive_user_premium_conf.txt file.
  • Under blackListNames change thumbs.db to Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save (the thumbs.db is just an example placeholder, so don’t worry about changing it).
  • Save the file and restart odrive

This will tell odrive to stop watching any item named Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save, which should alleviate a lot of the complex tracking that is needed to follow the auto-saving orchestration. This is just a theory at the moment, so it is best to try this on a test project first, to observe the behavior.

Alternatively, you could change the auto-save location to a folder outside of odrive. I can’t tell if there is a way to do this globally, though, so it may be a pain to have to do that for each project.

@Tony sure thing, we’ll give it a go and report back (likely tomorrow). we’ve tried to exclude the autosaves by moving them in the past and had issues because it defaults to alongside the project and at that point it wasn’t causing any sync issue so we let it go. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi @brenton,
As I’m looking at this a bit more, can you tell me how long it takes for one of these projects to complete saving?

I don’t have Adobe Premier, so I’m not very familiar with it. I was just wondering if its possible to have a local save process that takes a little bit. Or, do these projects seem to save pretty quickly?