Changing folder's name

every time I change the name of a folder, Odrive DELETES then syncs it again.
how do I stop that?

Hi @unixcaptain,
Can you walk me through the steps to reproduce this and tell me what storage is linked? I

If you can reproduce this and send a diagnostic from the odrive menu immediately after, that would help me to see what is happening.

I have Dropbox liked to Odrive.

When I change the name of any file or folder from dropbox, it gets deleted from odrive then reappears as unsynced.
This may not sound like is a big deal until I change the name of a 40 GB folder. I have to wait for a day or more for it to resync.
I just sent diagnostics.

Hi @unixcaptain,
My apologies for the inconvenience.

Yes. Unfortunately this is a current limitation of the odrive Dropbox integration. It has to do with how timestamps are recorded and reported on the cloud via Dropbox’s API along with the way paths are reconciled between remote and local. We are working on a new implementation, based on the current revision of the Dropbox API, that will solve this and other caveats, but it is not ready for release yet.

As you said, its generally not a big deal unless you have a large folder, in which case it can get really frustrating, really quick. If you are often reorganizing folders like this, then odrive may not be a good fit for your Dropbox needs until we can push out the new integration.

Tony,
the other problem is, My folders do NOT sync. I have to sync each one individually although i have both boxes checked on the sync options, (include subfolders & save and apply to new files and folders)
How do I make all folders and files sync automatically ?

Hi @unixcaptain,
A right-click->sync on a folder, selecting “include subfolders” and sliding the slider all the way to the right will kick off a recursive sync. The “save and apply to new files and folders” will specify that you want any new files/folders that show up on the remote side to automatically download.

If you are finding that the right-click->sync seems to be stopping or not continuing all the way through the structure, it may be because of exceptions being returned by the storage service. The odrive client will abort the bulk operation if enough exceptions are hit, or certain exceptions are hit.

If this is the case, we can use the CLI to “power through” exceptions and just continue until done. It is not elegant, but it is persistent.

To use the CLI commands from Mac:

1. Open a terminal session (type “terminal” in Spotlight search):

2. Run the following command in the terminal session (copy & paste + Enter):

exec 6>&1;num_procs=3;output="go"; while [ "$output" ]; do output=$(find "$HOME/odrive/[path to folder here]" -name "*.cloud*" -print0 | xargs -0 -n 1 -P $num_procs python $(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py sync | tee /dev/fd/6); done

Change [path to folder here] to the desired folder path in odrive.