Can't get Agent to work in Linux

I did the install and set up a local drive and succesfully mounted it to odrive. I can see the Amazon Cloud Drive.cloudf file.

I tried to sync a local file and got an error:
anonymous@family-deskto:~$ python “$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py” sync "~/AWS_Drive /The Scientist - Coldplay ( fingerstyle guitar arrangement by Albert Gyorfi ).pdf"
Unable to sync The Scientist - Cold… Albert Gyorfi ).pdf. This file is not inside an odrive folder.

I then copied the file to the local sync folder (AWS_Drive) and tried again (this time just referencing the file…note the removed space):
anonymous@family-deskto:~$ python “$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py” sync "~/AWS_Drive/The Scientist - Coldplay ( fingerstyle guitar arrangement by Albert Gyorfi ).pdf"
Unable to sync The Scientist - Cold… Albert Gyorfi ).pdf. Please use a placeholder path.

I seem to be stuck. I am in the trial period, so should be able to sync files outside the odrive folder.

What I really want to do is to identify a single folder to do a one-way sync to my AWS Cloud Drive (I just want to upload my backup files).

Here’s the status output for the agent:
anonymous@family-deskto:~$ python “$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py” status

odrive Make Cloud Storage THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

isActivated: True hasSession: True
email: xxxxx@xxxx.com accountType: CloudDrive
syncEnabled: True version: 678
placeholderThreshold: neverDownload autoUnsyncThreshold: never
downloadThrottlingThreshold: unlimited uploadThrottlingThreshold: normal
autoTrashThreshold: never Mounts: 1
xlThreshold: never Backups: 0

Sync Requests: 0
Background Requests: 0
Uploads: 0
Downloads: 0
Trash: 0
Waiting: 0
Not Allowed: 1

What’s “Not Allowed” referring to? It’s highlighted in red.

Thanks,

James

Try running
python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" status --not_allowed
That will tell you exactly what is going on with at least the not allowed error.

Hi @jkl_web,

Can you tell me where odrive agent is mounted?

If you add items into an agent mount, it will sync automatically, but you should call refresh on the parent folder of the item you added to make sure odrive sees the change immediately.

So, assuming you’ve setup ~/AWS_Drive/ as the local mount, pointing to Amazon Drive, if you added a file into ~/AWS_Drive/ then you would call odrive.py refresh ~/AWS_Drive/. The file will be picked up and synced.