Cannot re-sync large files split with IFS back to harddrve

I just uploaded and unsynced a video file to Amazon Cloud Drive and now when I try to sync (recombine) the file I get “Can’t sync xxxxxx.mkv.cloud. Amazon Cloud Drive internal server error.” when downloading the first 500mb or so. It always stops at around that point every time I try to re-sync.

Hi @sdwhwk,
I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately this seems to be becoming more of a common issue with Amazon Drive. Please take a look at this post for some information about this particular issue:
https://forum.odrive.com/t/amazon-drive-ifs-encyrption-and-problems-downloading/2361/4

We are currently working on solutions to combat these exceptions.

The IFS file format is actually an open, documented format, which means you can assemble the files outside of odrive, if needed. Here is a blog post about it that goes into the details of the file format and contains scripts to assemble the .xlarge files. Cloud Upload Was A Struggle, Until Today | by Tony Magliulo | odrive: one login to unify all your storage

This means it is possible to download the contents of the .xlarge folder outside of odrive and assemble the files inside.

For example:

• You can download the contents of the xlarge folder from Amazon Drive’s web client directly and assemble the files using the script in the above blog post
  • You can rename the xlarge file on the remote storage and then sync down the folder with odrive and assemble. To do this:
    1. Delete the split file placeholder with the odrive desktop client. Make sure you do not have auto-trash enabled. This will put that file into the odrive trash, but leave it on the remote storage
    2. Use the odrive web client or the Amazon Drive web client to navigate to the xlarge file and rename the .xlarge extension (to something like .xlarge1, for example)
  1. Wait for the new .xlarge1 folder placeholder to appear with the odrive desktop client.
  2. Sync the .xlarge1 folder and its contents and then assemble the file using the script in the above blog post.

With the frequency of these errors from Amazon seeming to increase, I am now advising that IFS be used with Amazon Drive only on large files that need to be archived/backed-up and do not need to be downloaded often or immediately after upload. Unfortunately, for some, IFS is the only way to get large files up to Amazon in the first place, so we have a bit of a catch-22.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience here. We are continuing to work on enhancements to address this.