Cannot launch desktop app on windows 10

Installed Odrive desktop app and can see two instances of it (two icons)on the taskbar, however when i click to launch it, the app doesn’t launch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled still same problem.

I use avast internet security and windows defender

Any news? I have the same problem. (6014)

No news yet, still waiting for support

Hi @campari45 and @ricardo1,

Please try running odrive using this command from a command prompt. You can open up a command prompt by clicking on the Windows icon in the taskbar, typing “cmd”, and then clicking on “Command Prompt”.

Once the command prompt is open, copy and paste the following command in (all one line) and hit enter. This will run the main odrive application and hopefully spit out some useful information. Please wait until the process closes and then copy and paste the output or take a screenshot of the command prompt window and post it here:

powershell -command "&{$bin=$(ls \"$HOME\.odrive\bin\" | sort Name -desc | select -f 1).FullName; Start-Process \"$($bin)\odriveapp.exe\";}"

This will directly run the odrive main executable, rather than using the launcher.

Thanks!

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
© 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\UCNY>powershell -command "&{$bin=$(ls “$HOME.odrive\bin” | sort Name -desc | select -f 1).FullName; Start-Process “$($bin)\odriveapp.exe”;}"
Start-Process : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot
find the file specified.
At line:1 char:76

• … desc | select -f 1).FullName; Start-Process “$($bin)\odriveapp.exe”;}
  •                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:slight_smile: [Start-Process], InvalidOp
      erationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.C
      ommands.StartProcessCommand

C:\Users\UCNY>

Hi @campari45,
Do you see this folder. If so, do you have an odriveapp.exe in it?
C:\Users\UNCY\.odrive\bin\6014

The .odrive folder is hidden, so you may need to enable showing “Hidden items” in windows Explorer under “View”.

Gone into windows explorer and enable hidden items, rebooted the pc and tried again still couldn’t launch the app.
Ran the command prompt and got same result as above.

went into the folder as you mentioned on your last post, found a text document details belowodrive.log (32.7 KB)
Also went into folder below and cant see any odriveapp.exe
C:\Users\UCNY.odrive\bin\6014\x64

Hi @campari45,

Let’s try this.

Open up a command prompt by clicking on the Windows icon in the taskbar, typing “cmd”, and then clicking on “Command Prompt”.

Once the command prompt is open, copy and paste the following command in (all one line) and hit enter. It will attempt to reset the bin folder, which appears to be partially deleted as part of an update. Give it some time to run. It will take about 40 seconds, after which odrive should be running.

powershell -command " & {Stop-Process -erroraction silentlycontinue -processname odriveapp; Stop-Process -erroraction silentlycontinue -processname odrive; kill -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -n explorer; sleep 5; ren \"$HOME\.odrive\bin\" \"$HOME\.odrive\bin_bak\";del \"$HOME\.odrive\version\";Start-Process -NoNewWindow \"$env:programfiles\odrive\odrive.exe\";sleep 30;del -recurse \"$HOME\.odrive\bin_bak\"}"

This command worked for me and now I am able to get the app running. It has also brought back the context menu option to sync to odrive, which was missing earlier.

• I had checked that this program was already enabled in Startups of windows.
  • Had searched in windows services for any service of the program (there were none)
  • Had repaired the program through control panel
  • Executed the command mentioned by you in earlier posts.

Nothing worked and I was about to uninstall odrive as it had given me similar problems in windows7 also. The only reason I am again using it coz i got a windows 10 and thought to give it a go.
Request to please advise how to stop this recurring problem. And also I would suggest to integrated this app with Acrobat Document Cloud.
I am going to save the script in .bat file for future need.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to run odrive app on iOS 11.3