Cannot force unsync

$ ~/.odrive/bin/*/odrive.py unsync --force "./Bike Cam"
Some files are not in sync. If you want to permanently delete these files and unsync, use the --force flag. Bike Cam is not in sync.

Seems pretty self explanatory… I cannot unsync the directory despite having already specified the “–force” flag.
Any tips?

Hi @audiossis,
I can’t reproduce this behavior. This is on MacOS? Can you verify the version of odrive running?

Hi Tony,

Correct. ODrive version “prod6271” on OS X 10.11.6

Hi @audiossis,
Can you try running this command from inside the “Bike Cam” folder?

exec 6>&1;num_procs=6; find . ! -name '*.cloud*' -print0 | xargs -0 -n 1 -P $num_procs "$(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)odrive.py" unsync | tee /dev/fd/6

This will try to unsync each individual file (and folder). Try running it a couple of times and see what you are left with. I am still not sure why --force is not working properly, but this should help to narrow things down.

Thanks Tony,

That fixed by far the majority of the files…
Now I just need to go though about a 100 files to establish why they’re ‘out of sync’… despite the fact that they all seem to exist both locally and in the cloud…

Hi @audiossis,
Let me know what you find. I am curious, as well.

Hi Tony,

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for this… all the files that exist locally also exist in the cloud drive. Moving (or deleting) the unsynced files locally doesn’t help either as odrive doesn’t realize that they’re missing and thus never creates a placeholder where one should exist.

Neither can I sync the directory in which the missing placeholders should exist because the directory itself is not a placeholder. This problem happens recursively all the way down to the base or primary sync directory.

There doesn’t seem to be any way to bring this directory back into sync without removing the entire 250+GB sync directory and then downloading it again. This is will be a massive undertaking as there are a large number of files currently being uploaded, and one that I would very much like to avoid…

Surely there is some way to tell odrive to re-scan the cloud drive and re-create missing placeholders?

Hi @audiossis,
Try downloading the latest agent version here: https://docs.odrive.com/docs/odrive-sync-agent#section--download-sync-agent-

It may address the problem. Once you have it running, jut let it run for a while to scan through everything and see if it ends up resolving out.

Thanks Tony.

It might take a while to get a result… Internet bandwidth and throughput here in Australia is abysmal, so it’s takes forever to upload any significant amounts of data

1 Like