Bug with version 6769

@Tony
I manually remove those folders. After auto updating i got same error :frowning:

Hi @kzh55,
Hmm… okay. Try removing those folders again and, without starting odrive again, installing the latest version from here: https://www.odrive.com/downloaddesktop?platform=win

Once odrive comes up, can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu? I just want to take a look at a couple of things.

@Tony
No tray icon after installing latest version. Cannot send you diagnostics.

Hi @kzh55,
This is definitely odd. What if you run this command from a command prompt:
powershell -command "&{$bin=$(ls \"$HOME\.odrive\bin\" | sort Name -desc | select -f 1).FullName; Start-Process \"$($bin)\odriveapp.exe\";}"

The odrive.exe app actually ends up launching odriveapp.exe in the C:\Users\[your user name here]\.odrive\bin\[latest version]\ folder. The above command will run it directly. Maybe the odriveapp.exe app is erroring out in some way?

When you try to launch it directly, what happens?

Can you also send me the log file so I can take a look at it?

@Tony

Here is error: log

Looks like odrive doesn’t understand cyrillic symbols. It strange, because previous versions works like a charm.

Thanks @kzh55,
We’ll need to dig into this.

I am having a new version built based on the previous version that was working for you. That will hopefully get you back up and running until we figure out why this broke in this release.

Can you also post the username here so we can make sure we are testing with the same characters?

@Tony
Username: Школа

@Tony

Can you share link to that version, or wait for next version?

Hi @kzh55,
Try this build: https://www.odrive.com/s/590c00ed-a1e7-402c-b161-d2d046019f38-5faba85c

@Tony
Same error. Strange. I did full reinstall.

Hi @kzh55,
Sorry, I didn’t see your message before I signed-off.

I’m still working through this, but can you try this one-line script from a standard cmd prompt in the meantime?
powershell -command "&{$bin=$(ls \"$HOME\.odrive\bin\" | sort Name -desc | select -f 1).FullName; Start-Process \"$((New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject).GetFolder($bin).ShortPath)\odriveapp.exe\";}"
This attempts to use the “shortpath” to bypass any non-standard character issues.

Another way to do this is to perform the following steps (also from a standard cmd prompt):

• perform a dir /x on your C:\Users folder to get the “shortpath” of your profile directory
  • Use that “shortpath” version to run the odriveapp.exe command

For example, on my system running dir /x will show a shortpath for my user’s profile directory as 5A62~1. I then run C:\Users\5A62~1\.odrive\bin\6769\odriveapp.exe

I have the same problem.
Tried the powershell command
powershell -command “&{$bin=$(ls “$HOME.odrive\bin” | sort Name -desc | select -f 1).FullName; Start-Process “$((New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject).GetFolder($bin).ShortPath)\odriveapp.exe”;}”
it didn’t work.

With the C:\Users\5A62~1.odrive\bin\6769\odriveapp.exe odrive started working. When I closed the command prompt it stopped responding.

Sadly I have e special character, à, in my path.

Hi @crocella.marco,
Thanks for the feedback. You would need to leave the command prompt open for now, until we can get a proper fix out.

I may have a build to test here soon.

@Tony
With short path it works. Running without any errors. Temporary solution - run it from autorun with shortpath.

But only with 6771 build.

1 Like

Hi @kzh55 and @crocella.marco,
Can you give this build a shot, when you get a chance, and let me know the result? https://www.odrive.com/s/2104cc44-ff53-4d69-b628-25e5bc1c4b92-5facf4a3

1 Like

@Tony
It works. Thanks. I can use this build, it will autoupdate for next build if needs?

1 Like

Hi @kzh55,
Thanks for confirming!

Yes it will be able to autoupdate.

I can confirm it works too.
Thank you for the great work!

1 Like

This worked for me too. odrive failed to start but this build is working normally now it seems.

1 Like

This fix was officially released today: