Best procedure for a stolen notebook

There is a way to remotely delete odrive folder from a stolen PC? The first thing what I did was erasing my Google drive (first making a backup). I think that not deauthorizing odrive, maybe when the computer is connected to Internet, odrive will sync and delete all files. But it’s a guess and I want to know if there is an alternate method like controlling odrive desktop client remotely.

Hi @xaviermdq,
I am sorry to hear that your laptop was stolen!

If you deleted the data from your Google Drive, odrive will see those deletes and send the local data to the OS trash/recycle bin, as it syncs the remote changes.

odrive doesn’t have any remote-control features that can be used, I’m sorry to say.

I know that Windows 10 and 11 has a “find my device” feature that allows you to find and lock your PC, but you have to have enabled it first. It doesn’t look like it allows you to actually wipe the data on the computer, unfortunately.

Thanks Tony. It would be an interesting feature to have some type of remote control of clients from the Odrive website. Such as a killswitch, remote uninstall, sync adjustment, etc.

Hi @xaviermdq,
I’ve passed this request on to the product team for review. Again, I am very sorry to hear about your situation!