Bad Pool Caller BSOD Windows 10

I’m getting a Bad Pool Caller BSOD in Windows 10, and the minidump has the following:

FAULTING_IP:
NETIO! ?? ::FNODOBFM::string'+9d98 fffff803145817f8 90 nop

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_b

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: odriveapp.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

BAD_PAGES_DETECTED: 5816

I take this to mean that odrive is causing my BSOD. Any options other than simply uninstalling and looking for a different program?

FWIW, after uninstalling odrive, I haven’t had any further BSODs. (This was after a string of >10 BSODs, within ~30 seconds of booting up the PC.) Am I the only person who has had the ‘Bad Pool Caller’ BSOD with odrive in Windows 10?

Hi,
Thanks for the report. We’ve never seen this issue reported before, so its a new one.

Do you see any dumps in C:\Windows\Minidump? If so, can you zip them up and send me a link to them?

I’ve uploaded 8 minidumps in a .zip archive here. Thanks for looking into it!

Thanks. There was only one dump in the zip, but it may be enough. It looks like it may be caused by Zone Alarm. Do you have that installed?

When odrive is performing network calls, it appears that Zone Alarm (specifically their vsdatant.sys driver) is getting involved in the TCP stack.

It’s possible it could also be network driver-related and a network driver update could fix.

My first suggestion is to uninstall Zone Alarm completely and see if the behavior goes away.

Thanks!