AWS S3 Progress Indicator on OS/X

Hi folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I tried syncing 40,000 small files with AWS S3. It was dumb of me, and I’m sorry I did it.

What I wanted to ask was if it would be possible to add some sort of a progress indicator, or perhaps a log window (similar to what Evernote has)–basically some way we can better view what Odrive is doing under the hood.

Such a feature would also be useful for some weird errors I’ve gotten from S3, which Odrive simply reported as “unknown S3 error” or similar–I would really benefit by seeing the exact error that Amazon’s endpoint returned.

Thanks for your consideration,

– Doug

2 Likes

In our next major release there will be logging exposed to the user (if they want to look) that will give a lot more insight into what the individual integration is up to, including integration-specific errors.

This is something I am certainly looking forward to :wink:

3 Likes

Wll this log show upload/download time @Tony? Would be interesting to know how much time took the upload/download.

The log will have timestamps, so you should be able to get an idea of duration.

1 Like

@Tony is this (user-accessible logging) available in the Windows client? I would love to inspect my logs whenever I suspect some strange behavior.