Any plans for File Provider integration on Mac OS?

Now that the File Provider API is supported in Mac OS, it opens up the possibility of making Odrive a first-class citizen on the filesystem instead of requiring the “.cloud” placeholders everywhere. I know that it’s a non-trivial amount of work, especially since it’s not cross platform, but it would make the experience of using Odrive on a Mac so much nicer. So are there any plans to switch to it in the future, or do I get a canned response about my feedback being appreciated? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @alexm,
Your feedback is appreciated.

:wink:

This is actually something that we started in the odrive2 beta development, which has since been paused to focus on improving the current odrive. However, we are still pursuing this type of virtual representation (on both Mac and Windows), with an upcoming project. It is possible you will see this functionality in the future, though it would likely be in a separate product. I don’t have any timelines to provide on this, at the moment.

1 Like

I see what you did there! :wink:

Fair enough. I’ll be looking forward to seeing what the cool new thing is at some point in the future. Thanks!

2 Likes