Amazon Drive, ending on December 31, 2023

Amazon Drive is due to end on December 31, 2023. Will ODrive continue to work syncing Amazon photos ?

Hi @philip.waterman,
This isn’t clear, unfortunately. Amazon has somewhat abandoned the API they had for Amazon Drive, and they don’t have one specifically for Amazon Photos.

We’ve actually had to do some tweaking and reverse-engineering just to keep things working with Amazon Drive. We will need to see what happens once they remove “Amazon Drive” support, but we’ll try to keep it working as much as is possible.

For our recommended procedure for using odrive to migrate off of Amazon Drive, please refer to this post:

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response. Still a little while before it ends, fingers crossed it will continue to work!

1 Like

Amazon has recommended that Amazon Drive users migrate their files to a AWS S3 Bucket. Since odrive supports S3, this is a fairly easy transition. I’m actually watching the last of my files syncing to an S3 bucket right now…

1 Like

Hi, I have encrypted my files using odrive.

How do I get an AWS S3 bucket? Are the prices reasonable?
How do I transfer my encrypted files to S3?

Thanks

Is there a tutorial for how we can move our stuff from Amazon Drive to an S3 bucket using odrive? I have about 10TB of files.

Hi @dearsina,
We don’t have a tutorial available for migrating off of Amazon Drive, specifically, but we do have a recently updated post about migration here: