Amazon Cloud Drive was changed or added to folder

So I realized that odrive was syncing to a second location on a different drive in my PC, and I used “Move odrive folder” to point odrive to the correct sync location. After right-clicking on the Amazon Cloud Drive folder and selecting “Sync”, however, I got a “Not Allowed” in the odrive menu, and upon selecting that, I got a prompt reading, “Amazon Cloud Drive was changed or added to folder E:\odrive but could not be synced: The file/folder could not be modified.”

Can you explain this statement in more detail for me?
“So I realized that odrive was syncing to a second location on a different drive in my PC, and I used “Move odrive folder” to point odrive to the correct sync location.”

I am confused as to what you were seeing and what you did to try to address the issue.

Can you tell me what the E: drive is? Does the odrive folder there have full read and write permissions?

Can you please send a diagnostic, as well? You can find the option in the odrive tray menu.

Thanks!

The E: drive is were the odrive folder is and where it was originally. All the files in there are complete downloads (everything that’s in Amazon Cloud Drive). I discovered another odrive in the C: drive, but the files were not all downloaded. It was my understanding that odrive was trying to sync with the C drive copy, so I deleted that folder and via the odrive menu in the systray, used “Move odrive folder” to designate the odrive in E as the correct place to sync. I have no idea if the odrive folder in E drive has full read and write permissions. How can I tell, and how do I make it so? Diagnostic has been sent. Thanks!

I can see that there is a read only exception being thrown here. Let’s try the following:

1. Go to the odrive tray menu and select -> Authorized User -> Deauthorize.
  2. rename E:\odrive to E:\odrive_bak (can delete it later if you want)
  3. Log back into the odrive desktop client (This will put the odrive folder back in the default location in %userprofile%\odrive)
  4. Select “Move odrive folder” from the odrive tray menu and select the E: drive. (This should create a new E:\odrive folder and will hopefully allow you to continue properly).

Thanks!